Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can you take BT or Virgin Media at court?
BenB

posted on 16/3/10 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
They'll have agreed to the contract verbally but probably in the meantime they'll have sent you a T+C sheet which basically gives them as many get-out-clauses as they want. Companies like BT have massive legal departments intent solely on "protecting" the company.
Anyway, in single man vs big buisness type cases it always comes down to the same thing- who is prepared to throw money at the problem. BT can afford to and it would make sense for them to do so to prevent a precedent being set which would require them to pay out in other similar cases....
I'd speak to the customer services people and explain what remedial steps you've had to instigate and what problems it's caused you. A good customer services dept will want to keep your custom and will give discounts etc accourdingly...

l0rd

posted on 16/3/10 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well

Left work at 23:15 last night.

I work in the educational sector which means i need constand access at work in order to update files, check registers, emails of my learners Monitoring reports etc....

Does this cover you?

And there aren't any unsecure Misters near me.

trogdor

posted on 17/3/10 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I would not bother trying to take them to court, you will not win as there will be something in the T and C's to cover this kind of thing.

If you want some compensation them, contact the telecommunications ombudsmen. They will help you with your complaint.

Though you will have to raise the complaint fully with the relevant company and give them a chance to respond. The ombudsman will look into the case for you assuming its in their terms of reference and give you a verdict.

But trust me all you will get is an apology and a token good will gesture.

[Edited on 17/3/10 by trogdor]

l0rd

posted on 17/3/10 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Already gave them the finger

Cancel all standing orders made and told them to feek off and do not require their services.

Got a USB Dongle as i was upset about both BT and virgin and i would not be giving them any money in any way.

[Edited on 17/3/10 by l0rd]

cd.thomson

posted on 17/3/10 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
you sound like a wonderful customer to deal with!

Craig

donut

posted on 18/3/10 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Cutting off nose to spike your face comes to mind!

I appreciate the frustration but surely you could wait a few weeks?

I have been with BT for 7 years and the interweb has been down for 1 morning a few weeks ago. I can't really fault them but then again i guess you only know how good a company is when things go wrong.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.