Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Great WLR pass
PeterV

posted on 9/3/12 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers everyone for the congrats, but as susprected the DVLA have already thrown a spanner in the works.

They want to inspect the car to re check what VOSA checked at the IVA ie, chassis no:, engine no:, VIN plate. There is actually a place on the IVA pass cert where it says they have been checked by the inspector. When I mentioned this to DVLA phone wally he said "VOSA are a diffrent agencey to us"
So I asked "Don't you trust them then"?
"We need to prove it's correct" came the answer.
So apparently VOSA can't be trusted!
"That's a highly efficent waste of tax payers money" Says me.
"Thank you" says phone geek ????????? I give up!

Next problem is they want it at Chelmsford, busy place and no way it can be driven there. Then they say if the car is on a low loader or trailer it has to be removed to be inspected. So some how or other you have to get a rig into a crowded area heavily used by university, bussiness park and the DVLA office. Unload the car causing mayhem, drive it into a special parking place where a DVLA pen pusher will check the numbers match with exaclty what VOSA noted. They will then toodle back off to finish thier coffee, while I create more cahos reloading the rig again. Let's not get into the cost of this for me (trailer higher and fuel) and the DVLA (disturbing said pen pusher from thier coffee).

Oh and they are most helpful about not inspecting cars. They only inspect on the 14th and 21st of this month. Can't disturb this highly trainned coffee drinker on any other day. How long does it take to view a few numbers?

Oh well booked 21st as I'm at the wrong end of the country the rest of this month

Time to do all the odds and sods jobs on the beast till then.......

loggyboy

posted on 9/3/12 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeterV
Cheers everyone for the congrats, but as susprected the DVLA have already thrown a spanner in the works.

They want to inspect the car to re check what VOSA checked at the IVA ie, chassis no:, engine no:, VIN plate. There is actually a place on the IVA pass cert where it says they have been checked by the inspector. When I mentioned this to DVLA phone wally he said "VOSA are a diffrent agencey to us"
So I asked "Don't you trust them then"?
"We need to prove it's correct" came the answer.
So apparently VOSA can't be trusted!
"That's a highly efficent waste of tax payers money" Says me.
"Thank you" says phone geek ????????? I give up!

I dont think its about them not trusting VOSA, its about trusting that you havent switched plates around etc so they can be sure you are definately registering the same car you IVA'd.

Lets just hope the chap you spoke to doesnt inspect it or know the person inspecting it or you paperwork could well find its well to the bottom of every inbox along the way! Never bite hand that feeds you, even if the hand is bunch of C U Next Tuesday's.

[Edited on 9/3/12 by loggyboy]

PeterV

posted on 9/3/12 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Na I was very polite and anyway it was a call centre some place with a chap with no idea where Chelmsford was.
As for VIC it's just wierd. Yeah they can check you have not changed anything since IVA but if you were going to, you'd do it after the VIC.

Having spent a shed load on money on an engine rebuild I'm not sure many would change that.
Changing the chassis? Really. I think not.
A VIN plate is just that a plate.

Those that run Goverment agencies need to be given the common sense gene in large spoonfulls

But rules is rules and we have to keep these DVLA chaps in work during these tough times, I mean we don't want to have more teachers and nurses, then where would the country be

All joking aside I just wish they'd put the car examination area some place where cars could get to, you know like the VOSA guys have. Most of my concerns would then go away.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.