Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Ringer
SteveWallace

posted on 2/1/15 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
Whilst the SVA and IVA might have stopped a few horrors hitting the roads, i think its fair to point out that thousands of perfectly engineered cars were made and modified by men in sheds without loss of life and limb prior to the nanny brigade getting involved.

Live and let live i say...........and buyer beware of course.

Whilst I would agree with that sentiment as far as the builder and, potentially, buyer of a kit car are concerned (you shouldn't buy a home built car unless you know what your doing, or you know someone who knows what their doing), the point of the IVA is to protect innocent bystanders as well as builders. I would rather not be taken out by a poorly built car as I am minding my own business walking down the pavement or having fun on a track day.

Wadders

posted on 2/1/15 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Thats why we have MOT's Steve, the SVA/IVA is just an unnecessary level of bureaucracy that was never needed.
How many on here condemn the "ringers" then openly admit to altering their cars after the IVA, effectively making a mockery of the test.........don't see many IVA'd kit cars running around with a massive padded steering wheel on do you?
Smacks of hypocrisy to me.

Originally posted by SteveWallace

Whilst I would agree with that sentiment as far as the builder and, potentially, buyer of a kit car are concerned (you shouldn't buy a home built car unless you know what your doing, or you know someone who knows what their doing), the point of the IVA is to protect innocent bystanders as well as builders. I would rather not be taken out by a poorly built car as I am minding my own business walking down the pavement or having fun on a track day.

alfas

posted on 3/1/15 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
lets see if from a different view:

IMO the SVA, today IVA, was necessary to establish....traffic became faster, traffic became more (incl. bicyles, pedastrians, inline skates etc), safety regulations stricter, modern cars became safer..consequtively it was necessary to establish some "safety" into the kitcar-industry.

the majority in this forum are well educated, have a certain range of tools, enough skills and knowledge for doing things right.

but have a lock in built diaries in the RobinHood Forum:

its not enough that those cars already came from the factroy with severe design weaknesses, a lot of builders are untrained, non-skilled persons, with hardly any tools who think its ok connecting brake-lines with pneumatic plastic couplings .

the results are dangerous kitcars....interestingwise all of them regulary pass the MOT test!!!

theduck

posted on 3/1/15 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Rhocar has those who are highly skilled and those that are not, just like this site does, unless as untrained non-skilled Robin Hood builder I, and those like me, are no longer welcome on this site?

[Edited on 3/1/15 by theduck]

theduck

posted on 3/1/15 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Oh and those less skilled builders, like me, tend to have build diaries so skilled people can point out where they may har gone wrong in a helpful, friendly manner, not so people can slag their builds off on another forum.
alfas

posted on 4/1/15 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
if a cheapish, weak and dodgy kit meats a matching builder, the result will be disastrous.

IMO the IVA test is a benefit for safety.

mark chandler

posted on 4/1/15 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
You do not like Robin Hoods then, so do not buy one!

There is no reason the slag off those that do, who own them or question their competence or financial situation because of their choice.

So what is your point apart from wanting to upset people?

[Edited on 4/1/15 by mark chandler]

theduck

posted on 4/1/15 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alfas
if a cheapish, weak and dodgy kit meats a matching builder, the result will be disastrous.

IMO the IVA test is a benefit for safety.

I agree the IVA is a gteat thing. I'll be sure to let you know how I get on putting my Robin Hood through...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.