Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike carbs
Sij

posted on 16/8/09 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Bike carbs

Hi

I have bought a 1600 xflow, with bike carbs from a Honda 900 fireblade (i think). I cant seem to figure out how to plumb it into the car as there are many pipe inlets. Shall I just connect the fuel inlet and leave the rest? Also cant work out how to connect the throttle linkage and cable.

Do I have to lower the fuel pressure as I was running weber dgv 32 before/

Any Help would be much appreciated

[Edited on 16/8/09 by Sij]

BenB

posted on 16/8/09 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
The non fuel lines are just air lines (they supply air to behind the diaphragm). You can leave them open to air or (if you want to get fancy connect them to the air box so they get filtered air). It's worth connecting the small nipples (float chamber overflows) together and directing it away from the engine. Carbs peeing RON95 over a red hot engine is usually bad

You'll need to use lower pressure otherwise you'll blow the floats. Best option is to use an in-line bike fuel pump. Some people have managed to use a car pump with a regulator but others haven't got that set-up to work...

myke pocock

posted on 16/8/09 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
I am using Honda Fireblade carbs on my Skoda Estelle trials car with a Facet fule pump and a Filter King with a pressure regulator (new, ebay, cheap, nice!!!). The large pipe that exits in the centre of the carbs had a small filter box on it when I got the carbs which I simply left in place.
lotusmadandy

posted on 16/8/09 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I tried to use the standard lift pump
with a pressure regulator on my zzr carbs
but the car pump overcame the regulator
and splurted oll over the engine.
The pump from a zx9r mounted at the back, next to the tank sorted them out.

Andy

bigpig

posted on 16/8/09 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using CBR600 carbs on a 2.0 with the standard pinto fuel pump and the standard pinto 1.8 pressure regulator, no overflow at all.
blakep82

posted on 16/8/09 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
EDS motorsport on ebay have a good regulator (goes down to 1.5psi i think) cheap

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

jacko

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Bike carbs are designed to use a bike fuel pump so why use a car engine pump fit a bike fuel pump job done
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sij

posted on 18/8/09 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys.

What should the fuel pressure be and can I check it using a compression tester?

Also I can't work out how to do the throttle linkage. Does anyone have a picture of how it should go.

[Edited on 18/8/09 by Sij]

col

posted on 2/9/09 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ive read its about 2-3 psi,use bike pump has an interupter fitted inside (shuts off when float chambers full)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.