Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OIl Filter
tigerzetec

posted on 23/3/10 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
OIl Filter

Went to the Ford Dealer today to buy the correct oil filter for my engine (1st time) when i got home, i found it was too long. (it would touch the steering) I have since been advised to use one from a CVH engine, e.g XR2, Rs turbo or a KA as they have the same thread / fitting. Before i go to the dealer and have all these oil filters out on the counter, is it possible for somebody to tell me the excact one i need, unless the above are all the same size. The engine is a 1993 2.0l zetec (silvertop) Thank you.
stuart_g

posted on 23/3/10 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Take the Ford one back and go to Euro car parts on Whitehouse road, ask for a Fram PH2874. If they haven't got one they will get it or an equivelant for you this afternoon. Cheaper than Ford too.
This filter is a slimline one and will clear the steering shaft.

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk/

tigerzetec

posted on 23/3/10 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Stuart, I will see if i can can get a refund.
BenB

posted on 23/3/10 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
If you're going to buy a cheap oil filter just have a shoofy down the hole in it and make sure it's not got a valve type flappy thing.

some oil filters have them in case you completely fail to change the gunged up filter- it bypasses the filter and allows some oil circulation. Trouble is in doing so it releases the accumulated gunge into your oilways which bungs them up good and proper....

tigerzetec

posted on 23/3/10 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I took the filter back to Grose today, got me six quid back, then went to Euro car parts. They didn't have the filter in stock, but are going to get me one. I,m hoping that this filter isn't a cheapy, as i have a concern about the flappy valve bit as Ben says. I would rather pay more money and get a quality item, but obviously one that fits as well. I assume the one from Euro parts is a good quality one. As far as saving money, there's not much point now, as after all the running about in a 3.0L 4x4 i think the saving would be irrelavant now, LOL

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.