Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA photographs?
ahunt

posted on 8/11/10 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
IVA photographs?

In terms of IVA photographing, can anyone tell me what is needed? Is it just the parts that are welded up and then covered by panels like seatbelt and seat mountings to the chassi? Orrrr does it just have to be as many photos as possible of everything constructed?

Thanks

Adam

Car 90% complete!!!

panichat

posted on 8/11/10 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I did a sequenced set of about 50 photos showing the car taking shape. I made sure to include photos of the seat belt mounts and plates welded under the roll bar supports. I included this in the pile of stuff was sent off to VOSA with the application. I took a copy to the DVLA appointment but they didn't ask to see it.
Better to have it than get caught out I suppose.
Dave

interestedparty

posted on 8/11/10 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
It's all about having evidence that it is an amateur build, and it is something they are very hot on. So plenty of pictures in a domestic background are required, typical single garage, kids sitting in it, ideal stuff

Other than that, any dubious areas that are going to be closed up should have plenty of clear pictures, otherwise you might have to open it up so the guy can look for himslef. My plan is to have opening panels just in case.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

RichN

posted on 8/11/10 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't need any photos for IVA at Nottingham, only as proof of amateur build when submitting the forms for IVA and DVLA.

I was asked to remove one panel above the pedals so that he could view the brake pedal and clevis pin. He tried to look into the tunnel when it was up on the ramp to see where brake pipes etc.. were routed and secured but didn't ask me to remove the tunnel top.

martyn_16v

posted on 8/11/10 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I sent half a dozen or so along with my IVA application, but at the test itself wasn't asked for any at all. I imagine it's another of those things that varies depending of which test centre/tester you go to, most are probably going to be fairly relaxed about the whole thing, but you may be unlucky and end up with the anal retentive on a bad day.
Michael

posted on 8/11/10 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I took a ruck sack full of pictures, was not even ask to show any.

Most on my car was visable including the bottom outer sea belt mounts.

Only took boot cover off as he wanted to see tank breather and boot area that he could not see from underside.

Bluemoon

posted on 8/11/10 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
IVA test or application?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.