Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: weber 32/36 choke housing
Steve Hnz

posted on 2/8/04 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
weber 32/36 choke housing

I`ve just bought a weber 32/36 DGVA & manifold to go on my bitsa engine(1600 xflow) & it seems to be in good nick apart from what I assume to be the hot water jacket missing from the auto choke. At this place & comparing it to the one on my Sierra work hack, it has a conical projection with radial ribs & a threaded hole in the centre of the projection which I assume the water jacket should screw on to.
Is it possible to get them seperately, or will I have to look out for a second hand one, alternatively, can you still get manual choke conversion kits?

David Jenkins

posted on 2/8/04 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
I got a manual choke conversion kit for around £15 in my local motor factors - not too hard to fit, if you've got a reasonable amount of mechanical sense.
The worst bit was the instruction sheet - very small writing and far too much detail! Better than not enough, though.

David

Steve Hnz

posted on 3/8/04 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks David, at least I now know they`re available, I just need to track down soneone who has them/ can get them on this side of the globe. Do you recall if it was a weber kit or an after market kit? Still be interested to know if I can get the hot water thingy, the wallage book seems to like them though I lean toward manual. It`ll most likely come down to cost.
David Jenkins

posted on 3/8/04 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
It was after-market - might be worth a Google search.

David

phil m

posted on 4/8/04 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I managed to buy one ---- I found the vplace in an add in a kit car mag --when I get home I'll send you the address

In Cyprus at the moment-home on thurs

Phil

Steve Hnz

posted on 5/8/04 at 05:20 AM Reply With Quote
That`d be great Phil, hope Cyprus is warmer than where I am just now. Cheers, Steve.
MikeR

posted on 29/5/05 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
did anyone have any luck with this?

Really need to convert my carb to manual choke so everything will fit!

Marcus

posted on 30/5/05 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Making a manual choke is a piece of pi**.
Coming out of the side of the carb is a brass pin. Using the insides of an electrical screw type connector, screw it onto the brass pin. Cross drill the other side of the connector to take a cable (solid choke cable, about £2 from Halfords). Use throttle cable bracket as a cable stop, and Bobs your uncle!
I'd love to post a pic, but I'm off to the Coast now!
Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 30/5/05 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
looked at that but i guessed the movement of the choke would be too small to be controllable..

i was also worried about effort to move it but thinking about it now, if a bi-metal strip can do it ....... i should be able to manage.

might try the proper route first then go locost afterwards

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.