Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 5vy oil and coolant senders
mr T

posted on 21/7/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
R1 5vy oil and coolant senders

Help please with the following
1 Does the ECU turn the radiator fan on
2 is there a coolant temperature sender on the engine, if there is can it be connected to koso clocks
3 is there a oil temperature sender on the engine and if not where would I put one
4 I have a fse malpassi fuel regulator it has to 8 mm tails on the side with arrows pointing in one 8 mm tail on the top and one 4 mm tail on the bottom next to the nut where do these tails go to and where on the fuel line does it go i.e. flow or return

Cheers for any help

Tony

bigfoot4616

posted on 21/7/12 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
i think the ecu turns on the fan on the bike, i've not wired mine that way though, mine uses the rad switch or manually.

the ecu uses the existing coolant temp sender, i added one into the top hose as close to the engine as i could get it just before the stat.

i tapped the side of my sump for the oil temp, on the front of the sump as it sits in a front engined car there was a thicker area to get a decent amount of thread.

mr T

posted on 21/7/12 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
cheers bigfoot

So will I need an extra sender or can I connect the clocks to the one on the engine , is it a sump of to drill an tap it or is there another way

T

Davg

posted on 21/7/12 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yep def sump off and while it's off stick baffle plate in. And yep ecu controls fan.
Cheers D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davey D

posted on 21/7/12 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think as standard the bike ecu turns on the fan, but as above I use a sensor in the vw rad I use.the standard clocks tell you the water temp and air intake temp, but you will have to test the sensors to see what scale they use to see if your koso clocks can use those same sensors. If you want to add oil temp or pressure gauge there are 2 gallerys with blanking plug. I think they are m16 thread. Just remove the blanking plug, screw in something like an m16 to 1/8npt adapter so you can then fit the sensor to that . No need for drilling and tapping then
mr T

posted on 21/7/12 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers fellas

Davey can you point me in the direction of these oil gallery plugs

Has any one got any ideas on this fuel reg

Cheers T

bigfoot4616

posted on 21/7/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
this is where i took my oil pressure gauge from
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=2DSCF1008.JPG

the hose above the clutch bleed nipple.
you can also see the oil temp sensor in the sump.

sump will need to come of to fit a baffle plate so its no hassle to drill and tap it

Davey D

posted on 21/7/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
The gallerys are 1 either side of the engine.they are a silver colour with a hex shaped hole so you can remove them with an Allen key
charlie_pank

posted on 22/7/12 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
1 Does the ECU turn the radiator fan on
-yes but at 104 degrees C, so I use a temp switch in the radiator
2 is there a coolant temperature sender on the engine, if there is can it be connected to koso clocks
-must be, but I put my own one in the top coolant tube
3 is there a oil temperature sender on the engine and if not where would I put one
-don't know, I put a sandwich plate between the block and oil filter. The ones from 'think automotive' have 4 threaded holes, I blanked 2 off and use 1 for temp and 1 for pressure
4 I have a fse malpassi fuel regulator it has to 8 mm tails on the side with arrows pointing in one 8 mm tail on the top and one 4 mm tail on the bottom next to the nut where do these tails go to and where on the fuel line does it go i.e. flow or return
-fuel pressure regulator normally sits on the fuel rail and outputs to the return

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.