Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: westfield se narrow body
whitstella

posted on 13/8/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
westfield se narrow body

Hi

Just after some advice. I have been offered a west as title registered back in 91 and has got a tuned x flow producing 131 bhp so I've been told. What is it worth.?

And how narrow are they I have an mk is there much difference.? And any other questions I need to ask him. And its cortina based. What suspension do these have i know nothing about these cars so some advice would be great.

Cheers steve

austin man

posted on 13/8/12 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Is i a pre lit model if so it about the same size as a Caterham which is smaller than an MK

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

whitstella

posted on 13/8/12 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Dont know to be honest. Will it be the same size if not the pre lit .?
RK

posted on 14/8/12 at 05:05 AM Reply With Quote
http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/93131-how-wide-how-narrow-will-it-fit-whats-the-width-or-length/
SCAR

posted on 14/8/12 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Value will be dependant on condition and parts used not year of registration
However as its 91 registered the chassis could be rusted through or immaculate dependant on the life its lead.
As a guide
Rough......dont buy it you will spend too much on it, find a better one unless you want a rebuild project
Starting price for a reasonable useable car..... £3200
Top price (unless its really special)..... £4800
I am sure lots of people will dissagree with those prices but I have bought and sold seven over the last 15 years
Cheapest was a very nice condition 1.6 cvh powered wide body for £2800 (very cheap)
Dearest was a mint condition sei with very fresh tuned 2.1 pinto for £4200
Favourit was a very well set up (been used for sprints) basic se with tuned crossflow £2800
These are prices I paid not what I sold for, clean excessively, fix any small issues and add £600 (on average) to sell
In the end its what the car is worth to you. You could spend several months without a car looking for a bargain.
Good luck
Steve

whitstella

posted on 14/8/12 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
hi

going to look at car tomorrow, he brought it 2 years ago and the last six months decided to strip it and rebuild it. he is moving house and needs it gone dont know how quick. he has just brought a set of neew webber for £600 does that sound right???? and it wants finishing off, powdwer coating is good and just piaint body work. and he wants 3K but i think he will drop. and he has also got a brand new black top with westfield adaptor to type 9 for £500.

im having the engine might get that for a bit less too. see what happens tommorrw.

thanks for all the info and time replying.

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.