Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zetec
whitstella

posted on 15/8/12 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
zetec

Hi

I have just purchased a new 2.0l blacktop for my next project. Im slowly going buy the parts required but I dont really know what i need to make the engine a runner. I was thinking omex and jenveys. Bu some advice on options would be great.

Steve

austin man

posted on 15/8/12 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on how deep your pockets are mate , you could fit Bike throttle bodies and megasquirt which will save you about a grand. Brother in law has 200bhp with Bike carbs and a set of highlift cams and head work and emmerald. I think he may have a megasquirt up for sale and a brand new four branch manifold, He has changed his mind on the engine hes fitting to his latest project so has some surplus stuff

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

daniel mason

posted on 15/8/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
omex and jenveys will cost an absolute fortune.
am sure some on here will be able to help with a bike t/b kit and management solution!

silky16v

posted on 15/8/12 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Danst Engineering
cliftyhanger

posted on 16/8/12 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
Really depends what you want and how much to spend.
Yes, jenvey stuff isn't cheap, but arguably the best.
Yes, omex and other ecu's are excellent, and well supported by the trade. Megasquirt has a big "community" but is very much a DIY approach. Don't be fooled into thinking it is all so simple, I know of a few people who have spent ages chasing issues, sending stuff away to be tested by other enthusiasts and so on.

I reckon there is a saving of about £1000 by the bike TB's/megasquirt approach, just depends if you want a bolt on solution or not. And the jenvey setup will always be worth far more should you wish to part with it.

I managed to buy a complete (very low miles) zetec, fitted with Jenveys, a fully mapped dunnell ecu and most of the the odds and ends (no air filter, fuel pump etc) for £1200 (IIRC), not an awful lot different to a home brew setup would have cost. Plus should be painless.

ChrisL

posted on 16/8/12 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
or bike TBs and a megajolt. If you're fitting it to a seven type then you'll want a lowered sump, speak to strontium dog, some method of running the water pump, retro for do a pulley solution or fabricate your own, and I believe some modification is required fro the water rail, but I had a silvertop thermostat housing so can't speak from experience

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.