Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cctv/accidents
ruskino80

posted on 14/1/13 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
cctv/accidents

Does anyone know if one can obtain cctv footage for a car accident that is going to court? the people we are taking to court have flat out lied in there defense,and i was looking to blow them out of the water.
Confused but excited.

posted on 14/1/13 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Your brief may be able to organise it but I doubt if you would be able to personally. IMHO

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

BigFaceDave

posted on 14/1/13 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Dont know if this is of any use or not? Its a bit old now and also not great quality but might be of help. I remember this from years ago!
Youtube Mark Thomas linky
Basically I seem to recall yes it is possible but may cost you £10

snippy

posted on 14/1/13 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Depending on how long ago it all happened do you know if the cctv is still available? Generally most sytems wipe over content after 7 or 28 days. If it`s a digital system you might be in luck as they record to hard drive and can last a couple more weeks perhaps. Whatever, don`t delay, get the ball rolling before it`s too late.
owelly

posted on 14/1/13 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
As suggested, you have a legal right to any stored images of yourself and if you know the data exists, you can ask for it and the 'owners' of the data can charge you no more than £10. Google should confirm this as I may be a bit out of date but that was the case when I had dealings with buying a license/data protection act.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snapper

posted on 14/1/13 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
You can use a Fredom of information request as it is you and your car in he video if there is indeed any

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

ruskino80

posted on 14/1/13 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
the accident(if you could call it that!) was in november of 2011,our legal team supplied by our insurers thought it would be slam dunk as we have an independant witness aswell,so we did not think we would need any cctv to help our case.
however after this much time and delay(all caused by the defendants legal team),i today received there defense,which is a load of lies,so even with our witness it seems they are still happy to try it out in court,--which makes me nervous!
Would it be the councill or the police to try for cctv?

olimarler

posted on 14/1/13 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
You can use a Fredom of information request as it is you and your car in he video if there is indeed any

+1 on this think it costs about 25 quid if memory serves me correct.

jossey

posted on 15/1/13 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Foi request can take upto 45 days to reply so get the wheels in motion ASAP.

If it is a council camera they are generally saved for 1 month or 1 year in some busy areas.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.