Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mid-Engine, 2 Seat, Windscreen - Choices?
phelpsa

posted on 13/1/14 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Mid-Engine, 2 Seat, Windscreen - Choices?

Following on from a previous thread about MR2 based kit cars...

Are there any nice looking, reasonably priced, 2 seat, mid engined kit cars with a windscreen available at the moment? The only one I can find it the Marlin 5exi, but the name and some aspects of the design put me off.

Cheers, Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 13/1/14 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
GTM Libra?
phelpsa

posted on 13/1/14 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
GTM Libra?

Didn't they go out of production a looooooong time ago?

I'm looking for something to build new.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 13/1/14 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Sylva Vectis http://www.sylva.co.uk/sylva-vectis-2/
i.e. the J15 with an MGF donor and a windscreen.

http://www.sylva.co.uk/

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Chris Ridgers

posted on 13/1/14 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
We use the mr2 for the donor of our LB2 kit. Most tend not to use the donor vehicle (which is a shame) and just opt in for steering rack and hubs that we sell, and choose a different engines.

Rouge Motorsports did a MR2 based Rocket called "Rocket XP1" but does have a full screen.

And the GTM Libra was brought by Westfield and they don't make them anymore, so its just what ever cars our still out there.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 942
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 13/1/14 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't the DNA three sixty made on an mr2?
Only obvious difference I could see between the kit and the real Ferrari 360 is the distance between the rear of the car and the back wheel. It's slightly longer on the kit by about 50mm. Other than that I had to play spot the difference and couldn't see anything else.
It's also got a roof and would do 35mpg. A pretty flash daily driver.

beaver34

posted on 13/1/14 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
how much do these cost to build really?

just you might as well buy a vx220, not loose any money and to be fair its probably a better car and can be had for 5k upwards

phelpsa

posted on 13/1/14 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ridgers
We use the mr2 for the donor of our LB2 kit. Most tend not to use the donor vehicle (which is a shame) and just opt in for steering rack and hubs that we sell, and choose a different engines.

Rouge Motorsports did a MR2 based Rocket called "Rocket XP1" but does have a full screen.

And the GTM Libra was brought by Westfield and they don't make them anymore, so its just what ever cars our still out there.

Chris, I completely forgot about this! What originally put me off is the use of Mk2 MR2 running gear. Is it still possible to use Mk1 MR2 running gear?

Chris Ridgers

posted on 13/1/14 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
The LB1 which was the scratch build version which we sell chassis plans and bodywork for uses the Mk1 as the donor.

When we updated the design of the La Bala to the LB2 thats when we updated the donor to the Mk2

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.