Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I think I have some sort of illness.
r1_pete

posted on 11/2/14 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
I think I have some sort of illness.

I had a bit of a tidy up in the garage over the last fgew weekends, and all I have come across are parts which I have bought for possible projects over the last few years.

E.g. I saw a Honda CB750 with a Kawasaki monoshock conversion, and as I'm building a CB750, I thought it would be a good idea, so I bought a swing arm, shock linkage etc, mostly 99p junk people were offloading, but after falling over it for 12 months I've put it out for the tatters.

Same with a Comstar wheel I had converted from 19" to 18" cos I wanted twin discs and and 18" wheel, now I'm using spokes, I daren't really sell the wheel as its had the hub changed and been re rivetted...

So I have quite a pile for the scrap man, all of which I've paid postage to collect just to have it in the way and then sling out....

Now I've admitted I have a problem, let the therapy begin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 11/2/14 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Haha its s problem most on here have.

I have just agreed a purchase on a set of tin top wheels that I don't need as the price is right. There is a set on the car and another in the shed as well as the ones on the back yard.

[Edited on 11/2/14 by big_wasa]

Talon Motorsport

posted on 11/2/14 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Ah I think that I too have the same illness.

'Hello every body my name is Phil'
'Hello Phil'
'I am a project parts hoarder'

Yesterday the scrappy brought along his 7.5 with hiab and took 1 ford Cougar shell minus engine and gearbox, a 3.5 Rover V8 block and heads, 1600 CVH block and 3 heads, Impreza 2l engine with gearbox, 2.9 Cologne engine, MX5 front sub frame and filled half a 3mtr skip with McPhearsons,calipers,half shafts and broken tools. I'd be surprised if he didn't clear over £250 from that lot how ever I can now walk from the fabricating table to the stores with out doing the assualt course of dip stick tubes and bare thread studs.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wadders

posted on 11/2/14 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
No need to worry Pete It's a very common condition.

The first stage of therapy is to avoid looking at Ebay after consuming any alcohol.

Stage two, agree to stop looking at Ebay even when fully sober unless selling stuff.

Stage three, never visit an autojumble on anything bigger than a Honda 50 and do not take a bag or rucksack.

Stage four, when visiting autojumbles on your Honda 50, wear a onesie only or other pocketless garment.

Stage five, block all posts by Scootz.

Good luck.

ashg

posted on 11/2/14 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
don't worry your never beat scootz

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

AndyW

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
And a new condition is officially discovered

"Scootz Syndrome"

JC

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
I think I'm afflicted. I'm reading the list above thinking 'oooooo, that sounds good, I want it' even though I have no real use for the parts.....
40inches

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
You don't have it that bad Pete. I am in the process of "clearing" out the garage, and am finding things that I didn't know I had, or why I bought them in the first place Why did I buy the R1 rad fan? New and still in the box

owelly

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a Magenta on Ebay that was in bits and on Hayling Island. I drove down with a trailer and brought it home. I've just agreed a sale which barely covers the fuel I used to collect it..........just because I have enough projects. Which will probably go the same way.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

Peteff

posted on 11/2/14 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Don't put it out for the pikies, take it in yourself. I had a pile of rusting scrap outside the shed and was going to take it to the tip as I don't feed the totters who come round and nick stuff if you're not there anyway. I chucked it in the car and drove to the scrapyard which is nearer than the tip and said just chuck it on the heap but he weighed it as he is keen to follow the rules. I signed the paper with my name and address on it and he gave me a cheque for £28. I was so chuffed I bought a bottle of whiskey with it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

TimEllershaw

posted on 11/2/14 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport

Yesterday the scrappy brought along his 7.5 with hiab and took 1 ford Cougar shell minus engine and gearbox, a 3.5 Rover V8 block and heads, 1600 CVH block and 3 heads, Impreza 2l engine with gearbox, 2.9 Cologne engine, MX5 front sub frame and filled half a 3mtr skip with McPhearsons,calipers,half shafts and broken tools. I'd be surprised if he didn't clear over £250 from that lot how ever I can now walk from the fabricating table to the stores with out doing the assualt course of dip stick tubes and bare thread studs.

How many people read this list and thought "I would've had that off you...." ?

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

big_wasa

posted on 11/2/14 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
yep wouldn't have said no to a wrx gearbox
coyoteboy

posted on 11/2/14 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Haha I have a whole garage and a room in the house entirely dedicated to "bits that could be useful". I'm learning to rationalise this but I still have the following projects on the go:

XBox kinect PC 3D scanner
Rasberry Pi broadcasting magnetometer
400hp rebuild of the celica GT4
rebuild of the 306 estate
Building of the V8 middy
5 mountain bikes in various states of build
a patio
a 3 axis CNC machine.

All of which have a selection of parts that will or won't work, and are scattered about the garage and house.

MP3C

posted on 11/2/14 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimEllershaw
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport

How many people read this list and thought "I would've had that off you...." ?

Guilty

jacko

posted on 11/2/14 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
And a new condition is officially discovered

"Scootz Syndrome"

Scootz syndrome has been around for some time now a few years in fact

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.