Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Today - Fail
killerferret666

posted on 1/9/14 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
IVA Today - Fail

So had my IVA today but feels like a good fail couple of main jobs and few little ones, especially for a car which is first to ever be tested;

1. steering union goes heavy and light, too tight an angle on the union and it catches itself - will shorten slightly the column (Id already lengthened it to reach, obviously too much) to open up the angle more.

2. Emissions - CO at 5.4% need to be below 3.5% - May be my own fault as had an engine light on speedo test before due to going over 50mph(known thing from ditching original dash), didn't clear it, probably put the engine on a safe rich fuelling. - Ill do research on that and check lamba within tolerances, if not replace.

3. Brake reservoirs below top part of master cylinder entry point, weren't happy with this because if there was a leak the reservoir would not empty (understandable) - Solution, move reservoirs up, if I need to cut a hole in the fibreglass to get height will have to be done and bubble hat done on the fibreglass to cover.

4. Put trim on back edge of both windows

5. trim on lower dash drivers side

6. top door edges sand to 2.5mm radius

7. Wasnt happy with front indicators visibility as LED's - will fit Dome ones with good old bulbs

8. Rear engine canopy could be placed vertical, rear reflectors not viewable - Add wire to restrict how far canopy can go back

9. fuel pipe touching alternator cable - Cable tie to fuel pipe above to keep it off alternator cable

10. lower edge of front bumper need 1mm radius - sand edge to 1mm

11. Get letter from supplier to confirm chassis and suspension ok for weight as over design weight (oopps on the sound deadening) - get letter / Email confirming all will be ok

12. Passenger side wing mirror poor visibility - its too high and cant see all of the mirror, solution chop the wingmirror height down so can be seen

So overall pretty happy with them, quite a few of the jobs are 5 - 10min things and the others just need to be got on with.

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

kj

posted on 1/9/14 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one good job with the first type of kit in the UK, you should be proud

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

Chris Ridgers

posted on 1/9/14 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
As stated above, being the first of its type in the UK it could have been a lot worse.
Most are easy fixes and I'm sure you'll be booked back in for a retest before you know it and be driving out with a pass.
Keep us updated.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
drt

posted on 1/9/14 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
just had a look, never heard of DDR... only that it was like a country few years ago XD

Looks stunning!
What engine are you running ?

And while I was there... I checked out the GT8
Is it just me or is it realy good value ??? 40 000 USD on road they write!
Makes the ultima seem expensive.
Did importing it go well ?

killerferret666

posted on 1/9/14 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Guys. Id of been much happier if I had sorted the emissions there and then as the rest is just build bits.

quote:
Originally posted by drt
just had a look, never heard of DDR... only that it was like a country few years ago XD

Looks stunning!
What engine are you running ?

And while I was there... I checked out the GT8
Is it just me or is it realy good value ??? 40 000 USD on road they write!
Makes the ultima seem expensive.
Did importing it go well ?

Im running an MR2 turbo engine (corvette engines here are still too expensive), I expect to be about 300BHP, although weight is higher then i had hoped at 1200kgs so I will see how it feels and go from there.

Importing went fine, but the uk adds on 20% vat and 4.5% duty, so I advised the company its better to just do a shell and chassis kit and source all other bits here as that saves alot of cash.

However i think once the bodywork is done and sprayed it will of cost about £30k for me, but that does include expenditures others wont need to make like £3k on having a moulded screen made(...but someones always got to be first ), better exchange rate and of course if less in the kit...cheaper to import.

[Edited on 1/9/14 by killerferret666]

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

b3ngy

posted on 1/9/14 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, car looks really nice!

Not a bad fail at all, couple of bigger jobs but most of it is niff naff.

Well done

adithorp

posted on 1/9/14 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Not a bad fail at all. At least you've now got a definitive list to sort out.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

The Black Flash

posted on 1/9/14 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Well that doesn't seem too bad at all

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.