Board logo

three counties club?
kaymar - 21/3/05 at 11:41 PM

As i am new to the locost/self build/kit scene?? are there any clubs/meetings around gloucester/worcester/herefordshire? although i find this web site a fantastic place for information and equally important insperation i often find myself wondering how much nicer it would be to talk to people in the flesh once in a while. Instead of staring at a pc screen.

Personally it is my wish to build a locost for as little as possible, enjoying the build as i go along without compromising family finance etc, and i am a strong believer its not what you know but who? so if there are no clubs and anybody would like to arrange a meet/social get together please contact me martin

scutter - 22/3/05 at 06:39 PM

If you don't mind the trek, i'll be trying to restart the oxford group again after it's winter layup

Keep your eyes peeled.

ATB Dan.

ned - 23/3/05 at 09:49 AM

prob a couple of hours drive, but you and anyone else are always welcome at the southern sevens/wlm/newlands/box hill meets in guildford/dorking, Surrey...

alternatively there may be someone local to you that you can go and visit, see their car, drink their tea and ask lots of questions

[Edited on 23/3/05 by ned]

JAG - 30/3/05 at 10:32 AM

The South Birmingham meetings may be your closest. U2U sent.

Most of the group are friendly and we have three Locosts on the road and a Westfield.

Our next is near Warwick. See your 'U2U' or see the 'Clubs & Events' section.

[Edited on 30/3/05 by JAG]