Board logo

Future BEC build - Questions??
woodsy144 - 11/1/10 at 02:17 AM

Hello All, I am planning on building an R1 or Busa powered clubbie. It will be a scratch build and I would like to get some advice before I go crazy and start building something. I am wanting to make it light, 13" wheels and street legal.

So questions
- What is the best chassis size
- Body work suppliers (want to buy whole body)

- Is there anything I should be aware of? hidden traps for new players???

ReMan - 11/1/10 at 08:10 AM

Best chassis size is going to be the one that fits the body you're going to buy ?

Andy B - 11/1/10 at 09:25 AM

Hi
if you want to give us a bell on 01449 736633 I will try and fill in as many of the gaps for you as possible - all we do here is BEC
best regards
Andy

woodsy144 - 12/1/10 at 01:57 AM

Unfortunitly I live in Australia so i can not call you (well cost effectivlely).
I know in oz there are different rules for BEC so I am currently investigating those. What I would like is just some general information. I know this is a very general question. But if I dont ask, ill never know.....
Thanks

gixermark - 12/1/10 at 09:48 AM

having lived in Oz for a few years - i'd imagine your biggest hurdle will be to make it street legal ?

I'd look into that aspect first - and see what you need to do to jump through that hurdle, it may need to be an Ausie kit ? to get through type approval etc ? or maybe there is a general route to getting home built Kits properly sorted with green slip & rego etc..

Good luck with it anyway - where about are you ?

bassett - 12/1/10 at 01:55 PM

I think MNR ltd have some suppliers out in Austrailia - maybe redback motorsport? check the site. Its a good kit, needs some owner thinking and input but they are continually developing the chassis and mainly supply bec kits

Bobbus - 12/1/10 at 10:00 PM

Hi,

If you've not already been there, then this forum might be of some use to you:

http://www.oz-clubbies.com/forums/

Regards,

Rob.