Board logo

deman sr7
sean951 - 5/2/05 at 04:34 AM

http://www.deman-motorsport.com

has anyone heard of those guys before? could this be a good kit provider for people living in north america. looks promising to me, i would like to hear from anybody with more info on their stuff.

AJ Bertelson - 5/2/05 at 05:38 AM

Yes I visited them last fall when i was in michigan. Made the trip up to toronto.

First of all the components of the kit are VERY high quality. The seats are a little tight and at the time they didn't have the eninges in them so I couldn't take them for a test drive but I was very impressed with the quality of the kits.

[Edited on 5/2/05 by AJ Bertelson]

Hellfire - 5/2/05 at 09:19 AM

Like it - nice side panels

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/2/05 at 09:45 AM

Looks like an indy scuttle! But very nice . How much?

AJ Bertelson - 5/2/05 at 05:02 PM

http://www.deman-motorsport.com/chassispackage.htm

I will most likely be going with stage III and only having to pick up a driveshaft, wheels and tires, and a engine(busa power)

undecided - 5/2/05 at 10:54 PM

Yanks for you, they have copied everyone for everything.

chunkielad - 5/2/05 at 11:17 PM

Don't you have some sort of come back on this Snoopy? Surely as design that stands out so much that people recognise it is defendable in court.

undecided - 5/2/05 at 11:36 PM

Magic 10% rule and no bugger can touch you that is the problem

sean951 - 6/2/05 at 12:25 AM

when it comes to these sevens, everybody had to have copied someone else. with that being said i did think it looked allot like an MK. the nosecone looks exactly the same as i can tell. But me being in the us, this does give me an opertunity to buy a kit instead of having to start from scratch. The price is resonable to, i like the looks of them allot better than the champion motorscars. i may be going with the sr7 in the near future, i would like to hear the input from anyone that buys from them.

AJ Bertelson - 6/2/05 at 02:31 AM

these guys respond to phone calls unlike champion.

There are a some people on the locost message list that may be taking CMC to court.

sean951 - 6/2/05 at 07:22 AM

this is good to hear, deman all ready responded to my email and answered every one of my qustions and was very polite. i would def not go with champion, after hearing that. thanks for the input, keep me updated if you order an sr7.

Sven - 6/2/05 at 08:08 AM

I learned about this crowd 6 months after ordering a CMC kit, three months after they said it would be delivered and three months before it actually did arrive ... incomplete I might add ... my experience with CMC has been horrendous whereas others have sang their praises but recently it's all been bad news.

I spoke to Deman and they were really nice and very helpful ... I wish I'd known then what I know now and I would have had one of theirs or just bit the bullet and built from scratch, which would have been easier than dealing with CMC and reworking all the front suspension.

What doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger ...

-Sven