Board logo

midtec chassis
bayliss3 - 1/10/09 at 06:54 AM

hi gents, i have a midtec chassis and suspention, is it worth building it up, is it any good or should i just flog it ?
stevo.

iank - 1/10/09 at 07:43 AM

The Midtec spyder (presume it's a spyder chassis) was designed and initially built by Lee Noble when he still did kitcars. The project then moved about a bit, last place I heard of it when they were still being made was at Stuart Taylor Motorsport.

It's reputed to handle very well, and the only real complaint was the body styling was a bit of an acquired taste.

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/pictures/81/783/Stuart+Taylor_Midtec+Spyder

If you just have the chassis and wishbones then it could be the basis for a body of your own design, but don't underestimate the effort required to make a body, and the talent to make it look good.

[Edited on 1/10/09 by iank]

bayliss3 - 1/10/09 at 08:16 AM

hi, thanks for your reply and the link. will look now,surf the net and post anything of interest.
stevo.

bayliss3 - 1/10/09 at 08:18 AM

hi, sorry to mention , the chassis is a midtec spyder.
stevo.

bayliss3 - 3/10/09 at 03:57 PM

hi, me again. have found some midtec spyder chassis photos and was wondering how to upload them.
cheers.

bayliss3 - 4/10/09 at 01:15 PM

hi, photo from a dutch site. i hope it comes out? Rescued attachment mid tech photo 3.jpg
Rescued attachment mid tech photo 3.jpg

bayliss3 - 4/10/09 at 03:28 PM

another photo, man i am getting good at this! Rescued attachment mid tech photo 2.jpg
Rescued attachment mid tech photo 2.jpg

ceebmoj - 5/10/09 at 02:04 PM

hi there,

what engine ang box are used?

bayliss3 - 5/10/09 at 08:11 PM

hi ceebmoj,
whilst surfing net etc, have found midtec has been fitted with lots of engines from a bike r1 (germany) to a v8 (usa) including ford 2.0l pinto ford zetec and renault 2.0l and a renault v6.
stevo.

bayliss3 - 5/10/09 at 08:39 PM

FOR SALE!!!!!!!!
hi, have decided to sell ( see my wife). anyone interested let me know and will post or send photos and the full specs on the midtec spyder chassis and suspention i have etc.
will also be advertising the chassis etc in kitcar magazine .
thanks for all your time.

cheapracer - 9/10/09 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bayliss3
FOR SALE!!!!!!!!
hi, have decided to sell ( see my wife). anyone interested let me know

Nah, I got rid of my wife 5 years ago, why would I pay for another bad experience!

The motor in that Dutch one looks like a FIAT twin cam to me - don't know about the box though.

bayliss3 - 10/10/09 at 04:37 PM

some photos Rescued attachment photo 1.jpg
Rescued attachment photo 1.jpg

bayliss3 - 10/10/09 at 04:38 PM

oops! Rescued attachment photo 2.jpg
Rescued attachment photo 2.jpg

bayliss3 - 10/10/09 at 04:40 PM

not very good at this. Rescued attachment photo 6.jpg
Rescued attachment photo 6.jpg

FEZ1025 - 10/10/09 at 04:41 PM

Got any bigger photo's I can hardly see the details in those.

Alan...

john midtec - 15/10/09 at 06:55 AM

a little bit off topic but Iám looking for a simalar project, if anny body now such project I would be verry pleased

Aquafresh - 24/10/09 at 10:52 PM

Hello gentelmen,

I was the owner of THE midtec chassis on the photo's .

I live in the netherlands and i am looking for a chassis again.. What would you like to receive for the chassis??

If enyone has some questions About the midtec or the chassis, please ask me..

Vincent

bayliss3 - 25/10/09 at 12:58 PM

Hi Vincent,

The chassis and wishbones etc. are located in Manchester, England and will be advertised in kitcar magazine for £800
or nearest offer. Let me know if you are interested ?

Thanks Steve.

Aquafresh - 1/11/09 at 12:55 PM

That would be a verry reasonable price for the chassis. But i think i am going to build a tiger avon in the near future. There is one here in the Netherlands that cought my eye.

But thanks for the offer! I think it will sell quick.. It's à verry good track car even as a road going chassis.

What are your kitcar plans for the future?

bayliss3 - 2/11/09 at 07:53 AM

Hi Aquafresh,
I was thinking of building the Midtec as a trackday car but now I am going to sell and stick to my sports bike.
cheers Steve.

john midtec - 2/11/09 at 02:01 PM

Also here looking for a midtec, anny would be fine aslong as it has a registration