Board logo

luego poll
jollygreengiant - 16/2/07 at 10:53 AM

Ok Richards having a hard time counting on his finger & toes. So I thought like this, You are Either on the road ( OTR ) OR building so please tick the CORRECT box (it will make it easier for Richard to count.

Thanks.

ch1ll1 - 16/2/07 at 11:09 AM

building ( some times )

Scotty - 16/2/07 at 12:47 PM

yep, ticked the right box
or did i??????????????

richard thomas - 16/2/07 at 01:58 PM

Ta...

New fangled technology......

rusty nuts - 16/2/07 at 05:56 PM

What about mine it's been on the road and now in for engine rebuild and injection system.? So you could say I'm still building

Paul (Notts) - 16/2/07 at 06:04 PM

Voted - Viento, still building but determined to be ready for Donnington this year. ( Newark if I dont think about the cost!)

Paul

jollygreengiant - 16/2/07 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
What about mine it's been on the road and now in for engine rebuild and injection system.? So you could say I'm still building

The operative bit here is "been on the road". This means that you are, I am sorry to say, No longer a virgin, unlike me.

jollygreengiant - 16/2/07 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
( Newark if I dont think about the cost!)

Paul

Yep, I know that feeling well. About a months work including sva, IF money was no problem.

richard thomas - 17/2/07 at 02:26 AM

quote:

No no - As I remember I've been in it, so it's definitely built.... remember the Japanese camera men at Newark? It's called Evolution......

[Edited on 17/2/07 by richard thomas]

kitcarkris - 18/2/07 at 05:17 PM

those camera men at newark spent hours filming cars, i wonder what they filmed for? a dvd or something? looked a bit too serious to just be doing if for fun. esspecially with all the cameras they had.

quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
quote:

No no - As I remember I've been in it, so it's definitely built.... remember the Japanese camera men at Newark? It's called Evolution......

[Edited on 17/2/07 by richard thomas]

jollygreengiant - 21/2/07 at 06:21 PM

So we have a grand total of 55 cars built/building on the poll. No I am sure that there are MORE than that about.

richard thomas - 22/2/07 at 03:07 PM

Quite impressive i think......

Findlay234 - 23/2/07 at 12:49 PM

building velocity with locost bodywork!!!

Arthur Dent - 26/2/07 at 04:04 PM

Building Luego Locost in Canada - I think its the only one in North America at this point.

jollygreengiant - 1/3/07 at 04:44 PM

65 and climbing.

24 on the road,

[Edited on 1/3/07 by jollygreengiant]

Danozeman - 1/3/07 at 09:36 PM

quote:

Yep, I know that feeling well. About a months work including sva, IF money was no problem.

MInes not even a months work!! No money for test and not much time to get on with it..

MInes a Locost with Velocity bodywork.. theres no option for Velocost

jollygreengiant - 12/3/07 at 07:19 PM

70 total

26 on the road.

Still climbing slowly.

richard thomas - 14/3/07 at 09:35 AM

Aye, good innit!

Might get a good turn out at stoneleigh?

billy - 14/3/07 at 07:37 PM

This kit was from the first luego with the help of ron champion himself

[Edited on 14/3/07 by billy] Rescued attachment DSC00061.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00061.JPG

Mr G - 16/3/07 at 11:13 PM

Cor look at that donor tucked around the corner

Steve Lovelock - 17/3/07 at 07:26 AM

I am a little surprised by the total as I would have expected more. When I bought my Luego kit there were approximately 600 Robin Hood's being sold a year so 70 in total is low. I guess that lots of builders don't use this forum but even still for such a high profile company I just thought it would have been more like one a week or more. I'm not surprised kit car manufacturers struggle to stay in business with such low sales. Still, my Velocity is a fantastic kit and I am really looking forward to driving it.

jollygreengiant - 17/3/07 at 04:53 PM

Ok 73 and still climbing (slowly). I guess that there will be quite a few that once they have bought & built their cars they might drop of the list because they have now been there and done it. If this is true then we and they have lost a valuable resource and some good friends. Then there will be a few that have bought but are not web connected (which is sad). The one thing that is true is that those that have responded are committed to luego and this site and we are good at giving everyone encouragement and help when needed. For that I think that we all need to give each other a pat on the back and promise that we will cement this by ALL meeting at stonleigh.

You won't be able to miss us for we will all be wearing our luego t shirts.

billy - 17/3/07 at 07:45 PM

Hey Mr G keep your eyes off my 4x4

jollygreengiant - 18/3/07 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billy
Hey Mr G keep your eyes off my 4x4

Don't worry his intentions were purely honourable.

Making another luego.