Board logo

donor seats
benjamman - 16/4/09 at 11:18 AM

has anyone hat any success with donor seats i have a pair of ford rs2000 recaro seats are they to big ? what about suzuki swift seats? im making the haynes roadster, i read its 4in wider than the locost (i could be wrong) is that enough?

ashg - 16/4/09 at 11:41 AM

no its only 2 inch wider than a locost. if you look in the book it gives the max seat width. i dont have the book to hand at the min.other wise i would have posted up the measurement.

robertst - 16/4/09 at 04:39 PM

before i decided to make my own seats, i looked around the scrappers for ones from a smart car, they would look awesome in the locost, but even with the +4 i'm building they're too wide.

the max seat width my car can take is 40cm, so i guess for yours (which is a +2) you'd be looking at 38? maybe 36? not many production cars have seats this narrow.

plus, even if you find a pair of seats, they're either too heavy and they'll be reclining, etc..

benjamman - 16/4/09 at 05:16 PM

my lockup is 15 mile away from my house thats were my seats are an my books are to, thats why i was asking insted of lokking my self but i went there after work today
the recaro's are 554 mm wide
an from the book i worked out iv got 450 mm max to play with