Board logo

Good Service from GTS
David H - 9/10/09 at 04:37 PM

On September 27 I ordered as set of locost/4AGE headers, paid with PayPal, and promptly received their automated reply.

I emailed to request an update on delivery date, and recieved a reply from Darren, a couple of days later, saying he was checking with his supplier.

Today I received a refund and an email from Darren stating "This is not going to be available in the near future."

Thought I am dissapointed the headers aren't available, I'd say this is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

Thanks,
David

andyharding - 9/10/09 at 04:46 PM

Good service from GTS? This isn;t April fools day you know

BenB - 9/10/09 at 04:50 PM

I know other people have had serious problems with GTS but I have to say I didn't.

I wanted some ball-joints, I ordered them and they arrived about a week later.

Can't complain really!!!

Staple balls - 9/10/09 at 05:16 PM

... Not really good service, is it?

I'd class that as expected from a trader.

Good service for me requires someone to go above and beyond the call of duty.

Admittedly, it's a step in the right direction for GTS, but hardly worth of praise. IMO.

DM - 9/10/09 at 05:20 PM

great... now where is my Wilwood kit ?!

zilspeed - 9/10/09 at 05:23 PM

You sent the money.

He didn't supply the goods.

He refunded the money.

This is just making it a bit less bad.

You still need the bits, so this is less bad service than you might have got had he buggered off with the money which seems rather more like the norm.

trextr7monkey - 9/10/09 at 07:07 PM

Some bloke on Rhocar the other night was having a quiet drink to celebrate the first anniversary of ordering something which hadn't quite made it through to him.....

JoelP - 9/10/09 at 07:13 PM

its not great, but it does represent an improvement - both in communication and in recognising in good time that an order cannot be fulfilled.

Canada EH! - 9/10/09 at 08:59 PM

That is an improvement, Visa had to get my money back.

oldtimer - 9/10/09 at 10:08 PM

My 4age locost has headers from Raw Engineering, can't recomend them enough, choice of over or under the top rail, 16v or 20v.

gazza285 - 9/10/09 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David H
This is not going to be available in the near future

Why? Hasn't he paid his supplier? He should have enough spare cash from all the unfulfilled orders.

t16turbotone - 10/10/09 at 05:38 AM

Lets be totally fair about this.....NO it is NOT a good service at all...crap

ZEN - 10/10/09 at 07:12 PM

quote:

I emailed to request an update on delivery date, and recieved a reply from Darren, a couple of days later, saying he was checking with his supplier.

Today I received a refund and an email from Darren stating "This is not going to be available in the near future."

I would accept a refund but Darren is nor responding to my e-mail ant phone calls...

Yorkie - 10/10/09 at 07:59 PM

Still waiting for a refund or parts.

Not what you expect from the worlds #1 online supplier!