Board logo

Progress :):):):)
eddie99 - 31/3/10 at 05:21 PM

Hi All,
Finally made some decent progress on the panther.....
First job was to get engine running which i achieved a few days ago. Next job was cooling and radiator/fan mounted and fitted and check for leaks. This was done this morning.
Have also redone a brake line down the transmission tunnel that i had kinked.
Also done my rear panel and 2 rear wings which are all fitted for good.
Feel like i've made good progress. Going to wire up my alternator and then get it running for a decent time. In which i will take a video.....
Pictures coming this evening...
Thanks
Ed

blakep82 - 31/3/10 at 05:27 PM

well done
i think i made a bit of progress today, sprayed my axle again. doesn't look great but f*ck it. i'm not doing it a 4th time...
managed to get under the car to measure it for a gearbox mount to be made.
er, and thats it...

tomprescott - 31/3/10 at 05:33 PM

Nice, always good to hear about other people's progress, its spurs the rest of us on.

Today I took apart the rustiest caliper, cleaned it and painted it, I've also cleaned and painted my gearbox (courtesy of turboben) so making progress too. Plans are to measure up for my diff positioning tomorrow. Can't wait to see the pics.

omega0684 - 31/3/10 at 06:08 PM

any pictures?

big_l - 31/3/10 at 06:39 PM

come on pics mannnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blakep82 - 31/3/10 at 06:43 PM

i think he's having us on

Stuart_B - 31/3/10 at 07:47 PM

well done edd, but i need pics to make sure you do not need to pay me that £5 bet, not long left now.

stuart

eddie99 - 31/3/10 at 07:57 PM

Im having you all on

Rad and fan
Rad and fan

Cooling Pipes
Cooling Pipes

Rear Panel and wings
Rear Panel and wings

[Edited on 31/3/10 by eddie99]

nick205 - 31/3/10 at 09:00 PM

Looking very tidy

Always like the B/W colour scheme on 7 and your dash project really does set the interior off nicely.

On the road for summer...?

eddie99 - 31/3/10 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Looking very tidy

Always like the B/W colour scheme on 7 and your dash project really does set the interior off nicely.

On the road for summer...?

Thanks Nick,
Would be nice to think so, Late summer is the plan. Im having a 2 week holiday in July but rest of summer im free so plan on having it on the road.
Unfortunately one more major hurdle to overcome, the clutch. I don't know whats wrong but it means engine out
The start of the lever coming out of the gearbox is half way down the grooves. When it should be at the top if that makes any sense. Maybe i've made a mistake with release bearing or clutch plate. Hope to take engine out soonish.
Once thats sorted, it should be a matter of time. Nosecone is done, only a few pieces of bodywork to do.
Thanks
Ed

Triton - 31/3/10 at 09:15 PM

I like that centre console device you have there, nicely different.

daniel mason - 31/3/10 at 09:17 PM

^^^^ me too!

Yorkie - 31/3/10 at 09:52 PM

Looking good Ed, keep up the good work!

big-vee-twin - 31/3/10 at 10:50 PM

Keep up the good work you can then tell me how's its done
Speak to you soon

Stuart_B - 1/4/10 at 05:50 PM

well done edd, does that mean you £5 is not mine now.

any way, seems i am off next week will have to pop over and sort you clutch out for you, i call you tonight.

stuart

eddie99 - 1/4/10 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart_B
well done edd, does that mean you £5 is not mine now.

any way, seems i am off next week will have to pop over and sort you clutch out for you, i call you tonight.

stuart

Thats a deal! Call incoming