Board logo

Finished piccies - pic heavy.....
flak monkey - 23/4/10 at 06:35 PM

As its a nice day I thought I would get some pics of the car. Not anywhere nice unfortunately

Also realised I have virtually no general pics of the car, so grabbed some while the sun was out

Topped the gearbox oil up, thankfully I can just get a key in the drain plug, which I wasnt expecting!

Front pass 1
Front pass 1

Back pass 2
Back pass 2

Back drivers
Back drivers

Dash
Dash

(I will tidy the cables for the KS3 at some point!)

Side close 1
Side close 1

Light close
Light close

Side close 2
Side close 2

Low front
Low front

Front brake
Front brake

Front sus
Front sus

Back panel
Back panel

CRAIGR - 23/4/10 at 06:44 PM

Looks nice mate.

Ben_Copeland - 23/4/10 at 06:45 PM

Very nice mate.... is the engine all sorted now?

prawnabie - 23/4/10 at 06:46 PM

You have to admit Darren does or did produce the best looking LSIS.

[Edited on 23/4/10 by prawnabie]

morcus - 23/4/10 at 06:53 PM

I like it. what is the electronic thingy thats wired in?

flak monkey - 23/4/10 at 07:25 PM

Engine is still being tweaked, ok up to around 70mph now and goes if you floor it. Going to get it set up properly on the rollers next month.

The electronic gadget is a Phormula KS3 knock analyser. It also allows headphones to be plugged in to check for knock too. Clever stuff

Darren is still making the kits too

iscmatt - 23/4/10 at 07:26 PM

savy! good job!

eddie99 - 23/4/10 at 08:21 PM

Looks stunning mate, hope to one day have a similar looking car! and yes i agree, best looking seven!

LBMEFM - 23/4/10 at 08:29 PM

As everyone, very very nice indeed.

pdm - 23/4/10 at 08:30 PM

Your car looks brilliant - have been following all your posts and it's really impressive stuff.

bi22le - 23/4/10 at 08:50 PM

Got any of the engine bay? I take it thats the induction poking out the oposite side to the exhausts

flak monkey - 23/4/10 at 08:56 PM

Thanks guys

Yep got plenty of the engine bay too

Nearly finished 1
Nearly finished 1

Nearly finished 2
Nearly finished 2

Nearly finished 3
Nearly finished 3

[Edited on 23/4/10 by flak monkey]

big-vee-twin - 23/4/10 at 09:06 PM

It's a work of art David well done

Kev

Yorkie - 23/4/10 at 09:08 PM

Stunning!

andylancaster3000 - 23/4/10 at 09:55 PM

Looking excellent, David! Very tidy effort.

Confused but excited. - 23/4/10 at 10:27 PM

Jesus David, that looks mental with the lid off.
Finally, an engine bay to match Fozzie's. Well

Steve Hignett - 23/4/10 at 10:57 PM

Lookin good...

(that is NOT a pic heavy post )

You have U2U...

ReMan - 24/4/10 at 06:39 AM

Good work, engine and stuff looks like its doing 100mph at rest
Look forward to seeing it

Dave Ashurst - 24/4/10 at 07:06 AM

David
It looks fantastic.

One small question that bothers me whenever I see it: Is the air intake pulling cold enough air there? It looks like a particularly hot spot.

I'd perhaps be tempted to duct it to a source of coldest possible air before spending a lot of effort on trying to map it.

best
D

flak monkey - 24/4/10 at 07:22 AM

Thanks for the kind comments guys

Yes it seems to get plenty of cold air, at rest inlet air temps at the plenum are about 30deg, and drop to around 20deg on the move

I am going to be building a box around the filter which will force it to pull cold air in from the vents in the side of the bonnet at some point.

It'll be getting mapped with the bonnet and nose off anyway - just to keep everything cool.

YQUSTA - 24/4/10 at 07:30 AM

Looks great well done

t16turbotone - 24/4/10 at 07:35 AM

Car looks stunning mate! well done. Can i ask where you will be taking it for rolling road session as ive yet to find anyone who will take on the dreaded Megasquirt

Thanx

tony

Danozeman - 24/4/10 at 07:40 AM

Them pictures dont do it justice. Looks even better in real life.

AdamR - 24/4/10 at 09:09 AM

That is a very nice engine bay indeed!

Are parts of your exhaust headers made from silicone hose?!

Steve Hignett - 24/4/10 at 09:23 AM

Apart from the obvious point, that I imagine silicone prob wouldn't take exhaust temps very well Are you referring to the lines in the exhaust that look like the exhaust wrap lines that has been removed to remake the manifold???

beaver34 - 24/4/10 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Thanks for the kind comments guys

Yes it seems to get plenty of cold air, at rest inlet air temps at the plenum are about 30deg, and drop to around 20deg on the move

I am going to be building a box around the filter which will force it to pull cold air in from the vents in the side of the bonnet at some point.

It'll be getting mapped with the bonnet and nose off anyway - just to keep everything cool.

i would try and have it mapped with fully bodywork on to get it to as close to normal road driving as normal, as one of the only issues with rolling road is that the create an environment which the car never see out on the road in terms of airflow and temps, i found this with my car and mapping sessions,