Board logo

Oven prob
Simon - 13/10/11 at 07:21 PM

Chaps,

The bottom oven on our Diplomat fan oven doesn't work. The thermostat light comes on, but no heat.

Does anyone have any suggestions - fuse/element or other. Rather not call an engineer as it's cost more than the oven is worth

Thanks for any help.

ATB

Simon

MakeEverything - 13/10/11 at 07:42 PM

If youve got an extractor fan, a bag of easi light charcoal and a match might work.

westf27 - 13/10/11 at 07:51 PM

probably heater,maybe burnt out connection to heater.Take out the elemnt and test for around 25 ohms if its not obvious as to being burnt out.Espares good for the dippy oven elements.

balidey - 13/10/11 at 07:52 PM

Probably the element.
I had an engineer out to replace ours years ago. I saw how easy it was and how cheap the element was and now I do my own.

UncleFista - 13/10/11 at 08:09 PM

I have the same oven, I've replaced the element twice, easy job.
I've also replaced the thermostat, not so easy.

I'd take the element out and see if it's blown, both of the ones I replaced had small holes in.

Just take the rear plate out the oven (4 screws) which reveals the "real" back to the oven, then a couple of screws to remove the element *

I buy my parts from Transpart in Bradford, £30-ish quid for an element from memory*

* From memory so probably not exact..

40inches - 13/10/11 at 08:26 PM

The Element Man, prices include VAT and P&P.

need4speed - 14/10/11 at 07:07 AM

I've changed a couple of elements on our ovens in the past not a difficult job.

Sure I used Element Man last time.

Dave

[Edited on 14/10/11 by need4speed]

fullpint - 14/10/11 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by need4speed
I've changed a couple of elements on our ovens in the past not a difficult job.

Sure I used Element Man last time.

Dave

[Edited on 14/10/11 by need4speed]

I used him only to find out I could of purchased the exact same elements (4 off) from an ebay seller at half the price..
Juat take some basic measurements from your element and i'm sure you will find a replacement with ease..

Simon - 15/10/11 at 10:22 AM

Cheers Chaps

ATB

Simon