Board logo

The "other" book
VinceGledhill - 3/10/07 at 04:26 PM

The Chris whatshisname haynes book. What's the donor? Is it worth buying for a shuftie?

gezer - 3/10/07 at 04:44 PM

it's sierra based, independant rear suspension,
if i remember correctly a couple of inches wider than the locost to give you a bit more room,
it's a complete redisign of the chassis and suspension Definitly worth getting plus much more detail and covers lots more of the build, leaving you less guess work, and he has his own forum, as well has being a member on here,

john

macdave69 - 3/10/07 at 04:52 PM

I think the book is an improvement on the old and the car is definitely a good un, there again I'm biased as I'm SVA ing one next week

VinceGledhill - 3/10/07 at 05:05 PM

Thanks guys. Amazon 1 click here I come.

delboy - 3/10/07 at 05:07 PM

Book's ecellent, its inspired me to finally take the plunge and build a chassis. Shop round for prices, I found it cheapest by using ABE books search engine.

AdrianH - 3/10/07 at 05:28 PM

I just picked it up at the local Halfords store.

Amendments are available within the forum for the book as well.

Cheers

Adrian

chrisg - 3/10/07 at 05:46 PM

Stop it, you're making me blush!

Thanks to everyone who's bought the book, who knows *one day* I might see some cash from it.

Have a look at the forum, there's a left hand drive chassis mod and a MT75 gearbox mod and some tutorials for the tricky bits of the chassis.

And some bits in French.

Cheers

Chris

bob - 3/10/07 at 06:47 PM

Thats ironic i have a brand new starter motor for left hand drive MT75 gearbox to DOHC or zetec, i wonder if i will be able to flog now the left hooker plans are out.