Board logo

the fruit of last nights labour....
02GF74 - 24/4/09 at 07:18 AM

not a great deal but better than nothing. still think it unlikley I'll be on t he road for Stonebridge. Rescued attachment DSC04575.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC04575.JPG

jabbahutt - 24/4/09 at 07:28 AM

I agree with Paul, Honey Nut cornflakes don't have enough fibre to safely support a pinto

Mr Whippy - 24/4/09 at 07:37 AM

looks good

I use to make engine mounts like this but now use tube between two plates as it takes about a third of the time to make and is very light

omega0684 - 24/4/09 at 07:43 AM

Stonebridge ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

02GF74 - 24/4/09 at 07:47 AM

pinto?!?!?!

it is a crossflow

there will an identical strut on t'other side then someting in between, still to decide.

could be a strip of steel welded to make I cross section or a length of square tube.

the top and bottom will have plates welded up now my MIG seems to want to play ball.

jabbahutt - 24/4/09 at 07:52 AM

Apologies for the engine misidentification, it's still early. That will teach me for trying to be funny!

[Edited on 24/4/09 by jabbahutt]

nick205 - 24/4/09 at 07:54 AM

Seems to me the porblm is a little more fundamental.....what in god's good name are those "Honey Nut Flakes".

Quite clearly you should have started with the proper and pre-requisite KELLOGS Crunchy Nut Cornflakes - superior product, superior packaging - don't mess with what you shouldn't...!

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=104397

richardlee237 - 24/4/09 at 08:26 AM

Something new !!

Locost origami

yellow melos - 24/4/09 at 11:35 AM

I think you should have used a branflakes box as they help you go !!!!

i can also see why they thought it was a pinto... there rocker covers are the same colour blue.....

our brains work in strange ways..... must be the branflakes again

speedyxjs - 24/4/09 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
I agree with Paul, Honey Nut cornflakes don't have enough fibre to safely support a pinto

Its a Pinto!! In that case you would be better off making it out of a piece of this....

If you wanna use that for a pinto, what do you think i should use???
Nice work btw

cd.thomson - 24/4/09 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
If you wanna use that for a pinto, what do you think i should use???
Nice work btw

The Greek God - Atlas

pocket rocket - 24/4/09 at 05:10 PM

no input about the mount im afraid, just wanted to say iv had the worst day at work and this thread has made me smile

jacko - 24/4/09 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt

Its a Pinto!! In that case you would be better off making it out of a piece of this....

HAHAHAHAHA at least a pinto would pull that unlike a bike engine