Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis models- Materials?
TheGecko

posted on 10/2/05 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
A few comments -

Pseudo_7 - that's a lovely piece of modelling - well done! I agree with Steve that you try to stick with one material if you hope to get any sort of qualitative data from a model.

Jermyn & Dale - any chance you guys could make your avatars a little smaller. I'm limited to 1280x1024 at both home and work at present, so your 320 pixel wide avatars use 25% of the screen width! As the help files say, common courtesy is to keep avatar width to 150 or so.

Dominic

JonBowden

posted on 10/2/05 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
yup, Pseudo_7 I'm impressed.

Has anyone rigged their models up with dial guages to make measurements - or is their a diferent way to do it ?

Dale

posted on 10/2/05 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
There you go--
Dale

Pseudo7

posted on 10/2/05 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Dominic, Jon...thanks for the kudos!

FWIW, I edited my original post, adding additional design information.

Pseudo7...similar, but not authentic!

Jermyn

posted on 10/2/05 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
AVATAR updated to a smaller image for everyone

Pseudo 7...Could you provide a .pdf of the scale plans you drew?

If life is a race do you want to be the first one to finish?

Pseudo7

posted on 10/2/05 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Jermyn:

Not sure how to go about making .pdf file from hardcopy dwgs...never done anything like that before ...I've got a scanner however. Is it just a scan and then define the electronic file as a .pdf?

Plan B would be just to make copies of my dwgs and just mail them to you the "old fashion" way!

Pseudo7...similar, but not authentic!

Jermyn

posted on 13/2/05 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I have a scanner at work. When I scan stuff in it automatically shows up as a PDF. If you scan it in, it may show up as a .dwg or .jpeg or bitmap. Anyway is fine. I can open up just about anything. If you wan to convert it yourself there is a boatload of free software on download.com that will convert just about anything into a .PDF

If life is a race do you want to be the first one to finish?

britishtrident

posted on 13/2/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo7
Jermyn:

Not sure how to go about making .pdf file from hardcopy dwgs...never done anything like that before ...I've got a scanner however. Is it just a scan and then define the electronic file as a .pdf?

Plan B would be just to make copies of my dwgs and just mail them to you the "old fashion" way!

Get a copy of "Ghostview" (free GPL software) for you OS (available for most major OS ) this automatically installs "Ghostscript" and acts as a front end for it. You must also install the printer driver for any PostScript printer such as an Hp LaserJet IIIps.

Once installed print from any program to the the nonexistant postscript printer but "save as file" -- for example mydoc.ps, Then open with Ghostview and convert to a pdf file eg mydoc.pdf.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.