mookaloid

posted on 21/4/13 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
That is very

Lovely build David

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

flak monkey

posted on 11/5/13 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again guys.

Done about 100 miles or so on it now. Taking it fairly easy as it's got to be run in for 1000 miles. Even so, it's a real handful pulls like a train from 2000rpm, wants to lift the front end up all the time and pushes you back off the pegs. And I've not really wound it right open yet Reckon I'll need to get up the gym so I can hang onto the damn thing

One thing that came as a pleasant suprise was that the vibration isn't half as bad as I thought it would be. Certainly good up to 4k rpm, not had it any higher. Cruising at 80 ish it's fine, no worse than the Sportster. But it does get more noticeable if you open it up a bit. The rubber mounts on the fuel tank get a good workout It's good enough that you can see clearly in the mirrors at any speed. No idea how it compares to a HD big twin, never ridden one...

Seems to be doing about 35mpg, gives me an 75ish mile range until I hit reserve Not going to be a long distance tourer, either that or I'll be stopping at every gas station! Pulled the plugs and it looks about right. If anything it could do with a bit more fuel I think, sometimes feels like its a bit lean, around 2200rpm. I have got the next size up main jet, so could change it fairly easily.

Overall really pleased with how it rides, need to get used to the riding position more than anything. Wasn't really sure to start with, completely different to anything else I've had. But it's easy enough to ride in traffic at a crawling pace, the gearbox is brilliant, shifts really nicely and the engine is well mannered on the street. The brakes actually work, more like the jap bikes I've had in the past. Need to figure out how much clearance I've got on left handers before I scrape the belt drive, but have slung it around fairly sharpish and it doesn't handle half bad either considering

Now all I need is some good weather again....

big_wasa

posted on 11/5/13 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I had a look last weekend to see if I could see you at Hunstanton. A lot of bikes there
flak monkey

posted on 11/5/13 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, we went down saturday, but I didnt have the chop on the road. Will be down there tomorrow weather permitting!
<<  4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.