Jon Ison

posted on 11/1/09 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Next time I get called a "pommie"

I want it on the news every 1/2 hour.

Get a grip.

blakep82

posted on 11/1/09 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
eh? i don't watch the news...

how do you get blade runner under your name?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mistergrumpy

posted on 11/1/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Its not the word itself but the meaning behind it. That being a derogatory and contemptuous one.
Blake, see Prince Harry's latest comment on an Asian colleague.

[Edited on 11/1/09 by mistergrumpy]

blakep82

posted on 11/1/09 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
ah that lol

lol have you heard about all the nonsense about the hokey cokey here in scotland? now THATS stupid

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

coozer

posted on 11/1/09 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
"Ha pommie?"

"yes, what do want convict? Isn't it about time you moved away from the edge and made something of the country! You've been there more than 200 years now"

Wish I live there by the way.....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

WanchaiWarrior

posted on 12/1/09 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
But they have started to make something of the rest of the country............ they are busy mining the hell out of it, which basically supports the economy of Queensland and Western Australia. But most of the popilation still lives round the coast though.

And you also get used to being called a "pomme", for me its like being called a "gweilo" in Hong Kong..........its supposed to be an insult but I take it as a term of endearment..........

RK

posted on 12/1/09 at 01:54 AM Reply With Quote
Let's not call them anything, let's just ignore them.

I got called a "maple leaf" in London once. You wouldn't think that would bother you, would you? I would've punched the guy's lights out except his little daughter standing next to him (who would now be about 40) probably wouldn't have liked it.

It's so much easier being in the majority. I"ve got called a few things since I moved to Quebec, but those separatists are low life losers, so water off a duck's back.

[Edited on 12/1/09 by RK]

Peteff

posted on 12/1/09 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Right on brother !

Us Pommies, Limies, Jocks, Paddies and Taffs have got to start standing up for ourselves.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

woodster

posted on 12/1/09 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
i was in the gym last week when an asian lad called himself a p**i .... some one asked him if he was half cast he said he was full p**i ...... does that make him racist
mistergrumpy

posted on 13/1/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Did a bit of early morning research this morning as I remember reading this in the past.
Caselaw Study 2001 Regina V's White

Mr White, a black man was travelling on a bus when the bus conductor "V", a black female suspected him of stealing something from another passengers bag. "V" approached White and challenged his actions. White subsequently threatened "V" and called her a stupid black bitch and later called her a silly African bitch. Mr White was charged with racially aggravated section 4 public order.
He appealed and the charge was upheld. White's first point was that not all African people are black, there are white Africans too and his second point was that as he too was a black African, the same as "V", then his comment of being a silly African bitch could not have racist undertones.
The charge was upheld on the first point as it was stated that the common perception within England and Wales, of an African is that of black skin colour, hair, facial features.
On the second point the charge was upheld because (and it's along the lines of because I've forgotten the exact wording now and the printer wasn't working!) there was still the offensive meaning to the comment. (Damn I wished I could remember the wording now).
Anyway the point being, yes a member of one race can still be racist towards the same race.

All in my own words as stated because of the printer not working.

A1

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
i find it amusing if someones 'racist' to me... just something about being called cracker...is it cause i like cheese?
David Jenkins

posted on 13/1/09 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Us Pommies, Limies, Jocks, Paddies and Taffs have got to start standing up for ourselves.

Absolutely boyo!

(my name's a clue, tho' I don't have much of an accent left now...)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.