Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another lane related rant....
r1_pete

posted on 20/2/09 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Another lane related rant....

Not wanting to hijack Pocket Rockets thread, but on a similar theme.

What is it with some folk, who will pull onto a reasonably clear motorway, in front of me in lane 1, who then move over and sit in lane 2 slower than I'm going in 1, forcing me to cross 2 lanes and back to pass them.......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 20/2/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Because everyone HAS to be in front... didn't you know!

It's my bug-bear!

I've started over-taking on the inside now as I'm fed up of sitting in a stream of 50 cars all in the offside lane for no obvious reason!

My other pet-hate is when you're on a long stretch of motorway and there's little traffic on the go. You see two cars far ahead traveling at about the same speed and in close proximity. It takes you a bit of time to make ground on them and they'te still in train.

You move out to overtake the two, and straight away the arse in the middle decides he wants to pull out too and overtake (slowly!).

And then there's another one... merging in turn! Dual carriageway and warning signs say a lane is closed up ahead. So what do we get? A single lane of traffic stretching back as far as the eye can see! You sail (safely) down the clear lane and aim to merge in turn at the bottom (as you're supposed to), but all the nobbers won't let you in because 'they queued'. So you push your way in and then the beeping starts !

fesycresy

posted on 20/2/09 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Normally I would say undertake them, but I nearly had my front end taken off when the tw*t in front decided that he's changed his mind and preffered the correct lane.

Muppet.

And WTF is happening, don't MOT testers check indicators anymore, because everyone's around here seems to be broken.

F*cking muppets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

paul the 6th

posted on 20/2/09 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
i just undertake the lot of them if it is safe to do so... i.e. nowt in lane one for about quarter of a mile. hth

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ben_Copeland

posted on 20/2/09 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a passenger in a 3.5t van right now. driving down the m40 little while ago. The romanian guy driving decided he liked the 3rd lane more than the other 3 empty lanes. When I questioned him why the f**k he was driving in that particular lane and not lane number 1, he replied don't know just like this lane. TWAT. last time I let this muppet drive.

Edit: he just pulled over without looking and nearly side swiped a mercedes 3 series. And now we're driving in the middle lane not overtaking anything again. I'm going to pull him over so I can knock him out in a minute

[Edited on 20/2/09 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/2/09 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
And then there's another one... merging in turn! Dual carriageway and warning signs say a lane is closed up ahead. So what do we get? A single lane of traffic stretching back as far as the eye can see! You sail (safely) down the clear lane and aim to merge in turn at the bottom (as you're supposed to), but all the nobbers won't let you in because 'they queued'. So you push your way in and then the beeping starts !

Yep I hate that one too, especially the lane of slow traffic which is there because for the past half mile you have been told you need to get over, BUT, no, the muppets leave it to the last moment and cut into a non existent gap. (ok the cars should leave a gap, but that is there for safety, not for pulling into). So the result is EVERYONE has to slow down behind and you end up with a queue that impatient peolpe HAVE to overtake because they know better about lane use and blending in than anyone else.

Makes my blood boil.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

splitrivet

posted on 20/2/09 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Lane discipline is cr@p, in this country even on dual carriageways these days people stay in the outside lane for no reason other than they seem to think if they are approaching the legal limit you shouldnt be overtaking them anyways.
Even in France where most Autoroutes are dual carriageway everyone pulls over after overtaking ( other than Audi or BMW drivers who seem to be pillocks worldwide).
As for the M25 I would cheerfully mount a Gatling gun and shoot all the twerps who find it impossible to use lane 1.
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 20/2/09 by splitrivet]

[Edited on 20/2/09 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

pocket rocket

posted on 20/2/09 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
your not wrong joe public just can't drive! iv started to undertake stupid people although if the police see im not sure they will take 'well there in the wrong lane' as a reason to undertake.

Dam...iv consused my ability with my intentions!

scootz

posted on 20/2/09 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
They have the right idea in Germany... if you doddle for too long in the offside lane, then they'll soon let you know about it!
Macbeast

posted on 20/2/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I tend not to use Lane 1 on the M25 (and the M1) because the road surface is made of corrugated iron.
Simon

posted on 20/2/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
If I'm in Lane 1 adnd there's a twat in lane 2 and nothing else, I' won't cross two lanes to go round them. Going up the nearside usually gives them the message.

Incidentally, "undertaking" in traffic is perfectly legal - that is, assuming that lanes 2 & 3 are clogged (as usual) and are travelling below the legal limit, and lane 1 is clear.

Just watch out for the odd moron who wants to join your progress making and doesn't pay attention when doing so!

ATB

Simon

Hellfire

posted on 20/2/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Yep I hate that one too, especially the lane of slow traffic which is there because for the past half mile you have been told you need to get over, BUT, no, the muppets leave it to the last moment and cut into a non existent gap. (ok the cars should leave a gap, but that is there for safety, not for pulling into). So the result is EVERYONE has to slow down behind and you end up with a queue that impatient peolpe HAVE to overtake because they know better about lane use and blending in than anyone else.

Makes my blood boil.

The reason there's a long line of traffic is because of the typical British mentality that you have to queue. There are no signs telling you to move over, just countdown boards telling you how far till the lanes closed. The taper that closes the lane off tells you that you need to move over. If drivers used all the lanes available and the middle lane allowed cars in alternately from the outside lane, it would ease the traffic queuing IMO.

What annoys me is drivers that pull into the outside lane with the intention of letting nobody else past just because they've been sat in the queue and believe that everybody else should too.

Phil

scootz

posted on 20/2/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ah yes... I hate them! Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down' moment material!
carpmart

posted on 21/2/09 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
I've given up on the MLM (Middle Lane Moron's) now and just continue my journey in the lane I'm in! If my lane is moving faster than there one is (doh!), I don't see it as an undertaking maneuver, which incidentally, isn't illegal anyway! (no specific offence!)

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.