Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto 2L injection wiring
scoobyis2cool

posted on 10/3/04 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto 2L injection wiring

Hi,

i bought a wiring loom suitable for a pinto 2L but since have decided to fit the injection rather than the carb engine. is the wiring on this any different, i.e. will i need to make up any new wires? if so, what do i use and does anyone have any experience of what needs to be done?

Thanks,

Pete

PS The car is an MK Indy and the loom was bought from MK as well

[Edited on 10/3/04 by scoobyis2cool]

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alistair Mc

posted on 10/3/04 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Dont know about the mk loom, but the efi loom only connects to the sierra loom in a couple of places. To drive the injection loom you need a +12v from battery +12 ignition switch, ground. the other wires back into the loom are for water temp, rev counter, etc. use the wires off the injection loom for water temp and fuel temp. I will have a look around the web sure i have seen the diagram somewhere.
regards
alistair

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scoobyis2cool

posted on 10/3/04 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thats great, thanks for that

Pete

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/3/04 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Pete,

If you find any good info, could you share it, I am in the same situation, but keep putting it off!!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

scoobyis2cool

posted on 10/3/04 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah sure, I'm gonna get as much of the other stuff set up as i can first (fuel supply, cooling etc) so i can just drop the engine in, but when ive got it in and running i'll let you know how i did it!

Pete

Alistair Mc

posted on 11/3/04 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Have attached sierra WD in acrobat format hope it works.
Alistair Mc

posted on 11/3/04 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
nope, try this link Diagram
scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/3/04 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, very confusing! Looks like I've got some bedtime reading to do...

Pete

Alistair Mc

posted on 11/3/04 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I used a 2.9efi engine and loom, was a bit ago cant quite remember but the 2.0efi is very similar, did you get all the wires from original car, including tfi mod. I think there is only one or two connectors where the efi loom joins the car loom. I will have a look at the diagram and see if I can mark the wires.
Alistair Mc

posted on 11/3/04 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
This document may or may not be of use, eectch98.pdf

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.