Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Your consumer rights
James

posted on 15/9/09 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Your consumer rights

A fair number of people on here have had problems with goods/services they've bought. I've mentioned the Sale of Goods act a few times.

Here's an interesting article about it from the BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8253915.stm

Hope it helps some people.

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

GaryM

posted on 16/9/09 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
A company I freelance for bought a large HP laserjet printer from Misco. 12 months 2 weeks after delivery it failed.

We politely requested a repair/replacement but they refused. We requested again, they refused. We quoted the act to them, they refused but did offer credit of £130 towards a new purchase from them! We refused.

In the end (after many many calls & emails) we got the £130 credited against the cost of the repair (£200) but it wasn't easy.

I'm not sure what this tells you about Misco and/or the Act?

Cheers
Gary

Rek

posted on 17/9/09 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Can you get Amazon to sort out my headphones!!
iank

posted on 17/9/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GaryM
A company I freelance for bought a large HP laserjet printer from Misco. 12 months 2 weeks after delivery it failed.

We politely requested a repair/replacement but they refused. We requested again, they refused. We quoted the act to them, they refused but did offer credit of £130 towards a new purchase from them! We refused.

In the end (after many many calls & emails) we got the £130 credited against the cost of the repair (£200) but it wasn't easy.

I'm not sure what this tells you about Misco and/or the Act?

Cheers
Gary

That's what the small claims court is for. The law is enforced by courts, and it's hardly fair to blame the act if the company didn't get serious. Filling in the forms and getting them served would have been a lot simper than calling/emailing endlessly.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.