Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA to Registration
gy351100

posted on 4/1/10 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
IVA to Registration

Hi all
What is the sequence of events from IVA to registration.
The reason for the question is. I wrote to my local DVLA office (Carlisle) asking for a VIN No to put on my IVA application and was told (via a scribbled hand written note) to complete the enclosed V55/5 and the Build Up Inspection Report and send any registration documents (having been told no donor vehicle was used) and receipts.
When they receive these they will arrange for an inspection appointment.
Then "Quote as the vehicle has no chassis No we can allocate it a chassis No"

Barmy or what

Cheers Keith

Bluemoon

posted on 4/1/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Get them to issue it.. Or make it up, instructions on what can/can not be included are on here somewhere.. Best bet is getting one issued, otherwise you run the risk of needing to change it again.. This DVLA bit is a bit of a nightmare, it will pass!

Dan

Chippy

posted on 4/1/10 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
If I remember correctly, you can't get S/IVA'd without a chassis/vin number, and according to the dim wit DVLA you can't have a chassis/vin number untill it's been S/IVA'd, or at least thats how mine went. So what I did was to make up my own chassis/vin number, go to the local DVLA and get them to agree that it was OK to use it, girl on the counter said "Fine". After my, then, SVA the DVLA inspector said I would have to change it, told him that I had agreed it with them, and after some argy bargy they agreed to allow it. What a load of tossers they are, real jobs worths. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

pewe

posted on 4/1/10 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent.
Pewe

ashg

posted on 4/1/10 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
i wrote to them asking for a vin week later one arrived in the post with all the paperwork required.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

DavidM

posted on 4/1/10 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gy351100
Hi all
What is the sequence of events from IVA to registration.
The reason for the question is. I wrote to my local DVLA office (Carlisle) asking for a VIN No to put on my IVA application and was told (via a scribbled hand written note) to complete the enclosed V55/5 and the Build Up Inspection Report and send any registration documents (having been told no donor vehicle was used) and receipts.
When they receive these they will arrange for an inspection appointment.
Then "Quote as the vehicle has no chassis No we can allocate it a chassis No"

Barmy or what

Cheers Keith

It seems clear to me. Complete the form they've requested and send it with the relevant paperwork. Take your car to the appointment they give you and once they've inspected it, they'll allocate a chassis number.

David

Proportion is Everything

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.