Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car is going to MNR Saturday
The Venom Project

posted on 15/4/10 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Car is going to MNR Saturday

Wow, I can't believe it, my car is going this weekend to MNR for the pre IVA checks and also for Marc and Iian to look at (Well most likely) replace my brake pipes etc for ones that actually stop the car :-) They will also fit my front mud guards because despite my best efforts to fabricate brackets 3 times now, I have not been successful

All being well I would like to be road legal for Newark show and am looking for a waterproof large duffel bag or large plastic container that will sit between my roll bar so no wider than 900mm.

If anyone knows of anywhere I can obtain such a box please let me know, it needs to be ideally plastic and locking, I will make a custom rear rack to hold it away from the bodywork.

Cheers to all MNR + Other builders for all your help in the past 6 months, and I hope to catch up with some of you in Newark

daniel mason

posted on 15/4/10 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
car is looking good mate! hope mine looks as good when complete!
The Venom Project

posted on 15/4/10 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
car is looking good mate! hope mine looks as good when complete!

Cheers mate, I am sure you will do a good job. Are you the man with a nice new shiney yellow frame?

richardh

posted on 15/4/10 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
does look good
i hope to be there and see the new bmw powered one.

Time for a change!

bi22le

posted on 15/4/10 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
A thought regarding plastic containers. I picked a very waterproof hiking bag from my local sports world. Its a soft bag with 70 litre capacity. Black plain and can be held on with bungie cord. It also only cost £14 which is locost! That will easily hold my brothers and my clothes for a long weekend trip to the ring this summer.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Hammerhead

posted on 15/4/10 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
motorcycle top box?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-TOP-BOX-slv-Q-RELEASE-BACKREST-45L-/220434563261

[Edited on 15/4/10 by Hammerhead]

The Venom Project

posted on 15/4/10 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Storage boxes / bags

I have been to our local camping centre and found 130 litre bags for £29, which I thought was pretty good, I had also seen some very cool looking pickup boxes but they are in the USA, the reason I need a large storage is for me to carry 2 x peoples clothes for maybe 3 days, food, a portable cooker thingy, maybe store both helmets in it, but I may buy some purpose made helmet carriers, and possibly to carry 2 x sleeping bags and a double self inflating air bed. I have opted to buy a decent 3 man pop up tent, as this will flat pack and store either in the car somewhere, or against the roll bar...

[Edited on 15/4/10 by The Venom Project]

WanchaiWarrior

posted on 16/4/10 at 02:35 AM Reply With Quote
Something like this perhaps ??

Have a good trip anyway

Cheers

Jamie

The Venom Project

posted on 16/4/10 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Roof Rack

Love it mate, Now if only I had a full roll cage, this would have been a rather sensible option for me. I have just bought a 120L duffel bag, its pretty big and waterproof, it should hopefully carry my stuff...
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 16/4/10 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
To be sure it will be waterproof, put your stuff inside bin bags, squeeze theair out, knot them, then put them inside the duffel bag.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

The Venom Project

posted on 16/4/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
air tight

Cheers, I will make sure I do that, yes I am sure at £35 it may not be the most waterproof of all bags

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.