Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone know if ZX12 hi and lo beam operate when engine not running?
eznfrank

posted on 5/6/10 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone know if ZX12 hi and lo beam operate when engine not running?

As above, I've just wired in the headlights and only the sidelights are playing ball but they run off a circuit which appears to be live without engine running but I'm trying to check my wiring without starting engine if poss.

Anyone happent to know if hi and lo beam on a ZX12 are only live when engine running (I think so?)

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 5/6/10 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
You may need the ignition to be on position 1
Frank

spiderman01980

posted on 5/6/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
i`ve just finished my wiring on a gpz900 kawasaki engine, the engine don`t need to be running for all the wiring to work all it does while its running is keep the battery charged, just check all the fuses, all the earths are correct and the ignition barrel works as mine didn`t send power to the starter button, so had to cross a wire and it works now!
Andy W

posted on 5/6/10 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
zx10r does

Andy

eznfrank

posted on 5/6/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, I think I've made a boob with the wiring then, probably just a dodgy earth I guess, it's just not easy to check without taking my battery tray out. Good news is that my indicators, hazards, side lights, fan overide all work. Just got to get back under the tray now and figure out why the rest isn't.
Peteff

posted on 5/6/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
The dip and main will only operate with the switch in the engine run position on all the bikes I've ridden.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Johneturbo

posted on 5/6/10 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
i think it's a thing with newer bike my 09 zx6r needs engine running, as only the side lights come on with just ignition

but my old 01 J2 ninja the main/dip would work with just ignition on

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.