Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: v5 query- cat d
ruskino80

posted on 15/10/11 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
v5 query- cat d

hi all, a mate has just bought a volvo v50 which has had cat d damage,car is now all sorted mot is present but he has been given the whole logbook unsigned by the seller (a company is the registered keeper),obviously the seller is a dealer in this type of vehicle and is not following the rules quite to the letter of the law.
So should he just apply for a new logbook from scratch-send of this one with no signature or fake a signature(really impossible as the company is just a name-plc.
ta rich

Confused but excited.

posted on 15/10/11 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I would suggest that he complies with his legal requirement and let the vendor worry about not complying with theirs.
The DVLA will contact them in due course and offer them a disounted fine, if they pay up promptly.
This happened to my youngest recently. He sent the papers off when he sold the car. DVLA claimed they hadn't received them, stating it was his responsibility to make sure they had.
So make sure that you send ALL paperwork to the DVLA via recorded delivery.

[Edited on 15/10/11 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

jossey

posted on 15/10/11 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
fake signature = fraud.

sending off log book without signiture is legal if you provide proof of ownership EG reciept from garage.

Sending off for new log book while in posession of original is illegal and costs the DVLA which in turn costs us money.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 15/10/11 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I would just sign the V5 and send it away, why make it more complicated than it needs to be? I've done this on several occasions without problem.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

JoelP

posted on 15/10/11 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
the seller should have signed it, if a company then id imagine either fleet manager if there is one, or director. There surely must be someone at the company who is responsible for the vehicles it owns. Id call them if you can be bothered, or send it in unsigned, or just put a squiggle on the appropriate line and deny all knowledge if it comes back to bite you.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

steve m

posted on 15/10/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
"I would just sign the V5 and send it away, why make it more complicated than it needs to be? I've done this on several occasions without problem. Davie "

I do agree with Davie, and i do deal in cat d, had 3, sold a lot more!

need4speed

posted on 15/10/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just sign your side and send it off, thats what I did with my CatD no problems at all.

Dave

ruskino80

posted on 15/10/11 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys,looks like i will suggest just simply signing the new owner part.This must happen often when a car is handed to an insurance company to be written off.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.