Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.6cvh to 4age
makoto

posted on 27/11/11 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
1.6cvh to 4age

Hi folks,

So I am finally changing cvh to 4age. I purchased it with a Ford 1.6cvh engine it, which gave me lots of hassle. So got a complete MR2 donor and started stripping. Bearing in mind that the kitcar is a complete ford cvh set-up from the wiring to suspension, what other parts would I need to take from the MR2 to transfer to the kitcar, I will be using the TVIS on it. i already have the engine and loom, gearbox with cables and stick, throttle cables etc. What else do you reckon I would still need transfer from the car. The thing is I dont want to make to much work for myself, and make the job as smooth possible and get the kitcar on the road.

The kitcar is a rear engined rear wheel drive.....

makoto

posted on 29/11/11 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
1.6 to 4age

There must be somebody who can give me some insight on this..........
rost

posted on 29/11/11 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Although I only have experience with longitudinally mounted 4AGEs the first thing that comes to my mind are the halfshafsts and bearing carriers. I'm not sure what would be easier, modifying your current carriers to take the Toyota halfshafts, modifying your suspension to take the Toyota carriers or making some sort of a hybrid solution.

Also, I'd salvage the thermostat housing (AFAIK it's separate from the engine on a MR2) and cooling pipes round the engine, just to be sure.

Charlie don't surf!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.