Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tool Box wanted
dunk3

posted on 21/12/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Tool Box wanted

Hi all , looking to buy a tool chest , the ones you can wheel about in the garage , only need the bottom part . Any one recommend me one please , budget £200 to £250 . cheers Dunk.
CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 21/12/11 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Loads like this on ebay Dunk although you should be able to get an older snap om rollcab for your budget.

SEALEY AP33479 Red Rollcab 7 Drawer Ball Bearing Runners Tool Cabinet 896821 | eBay

samjc

posted on 21/12/11 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Bnq had them for £65 nice ok built ive got one to lug garage kit about.
Myke 2463

posted on 21/12/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a machine mart vat free card through the letter box, start at £160 upwards. You dont say what size yo need, pref with roller draws.

Be Lucky Mike.

dunk3

posted on 21/12/11 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Will try ebay thanks craigr . The size need to have 5 to 6 draws with ball bearing sliders.
lewis

posted on 21/12/11 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords pro range are good and are just rebranded craftsman items I have the black one they do and it's great I put engines and all sorts on top

I am a driving god!..........sort of

r1_pete

posted on 21/12/11 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've Machine mart one, very sturdy, the only problem is tools can fall over the back of the drawers into the cabinet body, and removing a drawer to get at them involved bending a tab, which obviously can't be done too often.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hadders

posted on 21/12/11 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
+1 for Halfords pro ranges. Wait until Jan though. For the last two years they've been on offer at half price.
Neville Jones

posted on 21/12/11 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_743669_langId_-1_categoryId_255214

These aren't a bad deal for what you want, and you get a top box as well. Sell it if you don't want it.

Cheers,
Nev.

PSpirine

posted on 21/12/11 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&action=listrefine&mode=discount&am p;constraints=tcs||_PromotionCode||%3a182052%3a||sor||Price||1

Bit of a bargain..

wilkingj

posted on 21/12/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I have the cheap Halfords RED one. (very simmilar to other ones around this price)

It was about £120 bottom and top drawers about 6 years ago.

I would not buy one again.
Whilst it does its job, its flimsy, and the drawers hang down now, and dont run smoothly.
Also the drawers are not very deep, so more than a few spanners and the drawers jam due to the tools riding up on each other and jamming the drawer.

Its done a good job.....
I suppose you get what you pay for.
Next time, I will buy the better quality ones and swallow the price.

Just my 2d's worth.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 21/12/11 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
The halfords one here:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&action=listrefine&mode=discount&am p;constraints=tcs||_PromotionCode||%3a182052%3a||sor||Price||1

is a very different kettle of fish to the cheap one, but this one represents very good value if bought with the topbox. Even I am tempted. Wonder if you get more off with tradecard? I doubt it, but may be worth a try.

bowood14

posted on 21/12/11 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
If you go for the professional range at Halfords they are good the cheaper ones are crap
Mr C

posted on 21/12/11 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bowood14
If you go for the professional range at Halfords they are good the cheaper ones are crap

I'll second that, especially at the moment they are selling the pair for £200 though if you order on line you will get them for £185 for some reason which makes them even better value

linky

[Edited on 21/12/11 by Mr C]

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

fazerruss

posted on 21/12/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have one of these. I know its above your price range but vey well made for the money and very similar to my csps chest which are used by alot of the american hot rod workshops like boyd coddington ect.
stainless steel so you can clean it with wire wool and it looks like new again. also all drawers are removable and roller bearing runners.

72' Stainless Steel Tool Box Chest 10 Draws Brand New | eBay

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

dunk3

posted on 21/12/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies , Will go to halfords and check them out.
Blackbird Rush

posted on 22/12/11 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
For your budget you might be able to get a Halfords industrial (Black ones) top box & roll cab as they were doing a deal for £299 for the roll cab with the top box thrown in free.

I have one of these top boxes and its top notch, every bit as good as snap on & Mac boxes, also have a red halfords pro mid box which is very good. my roll cab is a superline pro (same as some of the more expensive sealey ones from machine mart) from a tool guy on ebay got it for a very good price (sometimes there are some shop soild ones that work perfectly at rock bottom prices), not as good as the halfords industrial but still good for the home garage. All have roller ball bearing drawers and decent locks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.