Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4 free Gmail accounts
Mark18

posted on 11/1/05 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
4 free Gmail accounts

I have 4 Gmail accounts for whoever wants them, you get 1000Mb of storage with them so you don't have to delete any e-mails. Nice archiving system too. All I need is your full name and a current email address.

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alister667

posted on 11/1/05 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I've sent you a U2U.

That would be excellent, I've been wanting one of these for a while, but never managed to get one.

Many thanks

Ali

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 11/1/05 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
If Mark runs out, I've got 5 I can give out too if anyone wants one.

Matt.

Mark18

posted on 11/1/05 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I have 2 left.

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

BUSA RUSH

posted on 11/1/05 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
sent you a message..
i would love one of these ...
regards
dave.c

BUSA RUSH

posted on 11/1/05 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
mark your a top bloke
just set the gmail account up...
many thanks ....
dave.c

ChrisW

posted on 11/1/05 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Guys I can sort out @locostbuilders.co.uk email addresses for you. Just drop me an email!

Chris

Mark18

posted on 11/1/05 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm all out anyway. Chris, just out of interest, what do you charge for hosting and email?

Mark

ChrisW

posted on 11/1/05 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
You can have a free @locostbuilders address and/or locostbuilders.co.uk/~username website. Other than that, standard deal is £30 for a year all in, including uk domain name, 100MB hosting, PHP, Perl, email, spam & virus protection etc

Chris

alister667

posted on 11/1/05 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,
Got it going. Many thanks.
Cheers
Ali

Mark18

posted on 11/1/05 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Don't mention it.

Mark

alister667

posted on 18/1/05 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Lo and behold!
I now have three Gmail invites to give away. If anyone wants one U2U me your first name, last name and e-mail addy and I'll send on an invite.

Northy

posted on 18/1/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
What's "Gmail"?

Chris, can I have some Locostbuilders webspace?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

JoelP

posted on 18/1/05 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
i just googled it - turns out, its email from google!!!! now thats a funny coincidence!

lots of storage and you can search through your archive.

alister667

posted on 18/1/05 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
It's jusrt another free web based e-mail. The big thing is that it gives so much free space. There's downside in that they are allowed to search your e-mails for marketing data.
Seems like a good job though, well designed and handy to use. There are lots of gmail tools popping up so you can use your gmail account as a file system, or can get automated tools to let you know you have mail, forward from hotmail etc.

It's a very geeky thing I guess :-)

stephen_gusterson

posted on 19/1/05 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
hotmail is giving 250mb accounts for free now, and thats not bad either!

atb

steve

dl_peabody

posted on 19/1/05 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
Free 1 GB email accounts at www.spymac.com

Free 1 gb account via spymac.com
You don't need to be running a mac... linux and Windozes works just as well. It is OS agnostic.

I was searching for a Gmail account when I stumbled onto spymac. Sad part is that Spymac is browser based. Anyone with a Gmail account.....can you down load it to a e-mail prog on the PC via...outlook, mozilla mail type or is it only web based?

Spymac is kinda klunky...can't right mouse click and open a message into a new window. Just one window open at a time? If you want to able to download messages to a e-mail prog you need to pay extra. (Yes I am a cheap bastard) Similar to hotmail, (Yuck)....

Yahoo is giving away 250mb free and you can right mouse click into a new window. Yahoo North_America_Locost messages go there.

Can Gmail download into a e-mail prog? or is it a strictly brower based affair?

Got Anymore Gmail accounts??

Thanxs

[Edited on 19/1/05 by dl_peabody]

pukemonkey

posted on 19/1/05 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
Although only a visitor (well, not technically) I will be cheeky and ask for one of you to send me an invite if possible.
Many thanks in advance. My full name is Lee Marks, email address pukemonkey@hotmail.com

[Edited on 19/1/05 by pukemonkey]

dl_peabody

posted on 19/1/05 at 01:34 AM Reply With Quote
May I be Cheeky too? May I have

Duane Peabody
@
mr_peabody_d (AT) spymac.com

So much for hinting maybe I should just flat out ask.
If you have another may I have an invite/ account.

alister667

posted on 20/1/05 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Duane, I just expected folks to U2U me - I didn't bother to re-check the tread until there now.

Anyhow I did have an invite left which I sent on to you.

Odd thing is ....

They've given me another 4 invites!

U2U me your first name , last name and e-mail address if you want one.

Yep there are lots of tools you can get to allow you run a normal POP3 e-mail program with Gmail, although it is normally browser based.

Steve - Yep Hotmail do apparently do 250Mb accounts, however the SOBs haven't upgraded mine from 2Mb yet. I'm setting up a small program that forwards my incoming hotmail stuff to Gmail automatically, then set up something like Thunderbird to access the gmail.

Hmmm. I need to get out more.

All the best

Ali

dl_peabody

posted on 21/1/05 at 05:47 AM Reply With Quote
U2U...Tried it it opened the same window

First name
Duane
Last Name
Peabody
Email Mr_peabody_d@spymac.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.