Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carbon front cycle wings
dozracing

posted on 30/1/05 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Carbon front cycle wings

Hi all,

We are now offering genuine carbon front cycle wings at £95 per pair all up. www.gtstuning.co.uk

Pic attached. No cuts or distortion of weave, and no horrible gel coat edging to hide the nasty edges, cos there aren't any. We are experimenting with rear wings next.

Kind regards,
Darren Rescued attachment Carbon cycle wing.jpg
Rescued attachment Carbon cycle wing.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Avoneer

posted on 30/1/05 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
I'm up for a pair of them and rear arches if they are narrow for a book chassis and 'cort live axle.
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mandy69

posted on 30/1/05 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Wow they look nice, good price too so will have to check my piggybank.
Ta,
Mandy

monkey69

posted on 30/1/05 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Darren,

The quality looks good from the photo. What's the maximum tyre width they'll accept?

I'm after some for 205s on 15" wheels.

Monkey.

carnut

posted on 30/1/05 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Do you do the front wings that go all the way around the wheel (Caterham CSR style)?
dozracing

posted on 30/1/05 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
CSR versions have been discussed for some time, this is something we may well do.

The rear wings can be in either the narrow or wide versions.

We are also now thinking of doing side panels in the same way.

They may fit the 205 tyres, take a measurement from the tyre (width) and we'll measure up and check for you.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

monkey69

posted on 30/1/05 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Darren, how wide is it inside the cycle wing? I'm trying to work out how much clearance I can get away with for mounting etc. with the 205 section tyres.

Also, what are your thoughts regarding the failures some have seen in mounting of carbon wings? Is it due to lay-up technique of the carbon and resin, thickness or just lack of clamping area vs. wind drag?

Avoneer

posted on 30/1/05 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Daz,
Will these be ok for my 185 x 60 x 14's and how soon will you be selling them?
Cheers,
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

undecided

posted on 30/1/05 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
I would say it's because they were mounted wrong in the first place rather than anything else.
dozracing

posted on 31/1/05 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
I've found a lot of success recently with using Loctite serious strength (No more nails) glue to stick on the cycle wings.

The bolts tend to pull through either carbon or grp and then you need big washers or bigger bolts each time to hold them on. The glue is mega strong, and if they do come off, apart from some gravel rash they usually intact ready to refit.

As for sizes they will definately fit 195's. I'll measure one up later to see about fitting 205's.

They will be on the website ready to order today.

Kind regards,

Darren

dozracing

posted on 31/1/05 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Website is now updated so you can order these parts online.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.