Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A7-4-4
dozracing

posted on 2/2/05 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
A7-4-4

Anyone else think i'm mad.

I've had an idea for a new car. A 7 with 4 seats. 33" longer in the cockpit does the job.

Love to have everyones opinion on this. At 33" longer i'm not sure that it'll look that stupid either.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 2/2/05 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
i think with 4 seats it would lose the appeal somewhat, though might be more practical for her indoors

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
undecided

posted on 2/2/05 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
yes you are mad but isn't that the whole point of the kit car industry to make something the big companies can't or won't.
They said Issigonis was mad too, but look at what happened when he did the Mini

scoobyis2cool

posted on 2/2/05 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
As mentioned, might lose some of the appeal but I'd be interested to see some CAD renderings - might look alright once I see it in the 'flesh'

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

timf

posted on 2/2/05 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
darren you mean like this

James

posted on 2/2/05 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I think he said a car- not a device designed to kill the two people in the rear seats!

James

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 2/2/05 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
I think a double decker would work then you could have luggage space as well
Alfalfameister

posted on 2/2/05 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
A four seater, I suppose, won't be a performance oriented car anymore. So maybe a classic looking car should be made instead? Like a nice morgan... something that can be used for weddings.

It will have IRS for comfort, be a little heavy (like a Rolls Royce)... i.e., a Touring car that rides like a boat/yacht, and classy enough to bring to the country club.

My two cents...

dozracing

posted on 3/2/05 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Tim,

I like what you've done there!

I also love the double decker concept. Any one want to do a CAD rendering of that?

This was not supposed to be a commercial car, more something for some fun. It seems a good way of going for a test drive and having a journo from each magazine on board!

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

chunkielad

posted on 3/2/05 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
I don't have any issues with the diagram shown - there are people carriers out there with seats slapped at the back end!!!

I do however thing that a 4 seater would only be useful for sticking journos in as the whole point of doing this is to get a chance to go out and get away from the missus!!! (Isn't that everyone's reasoning?)

Plus the weight!!!

ned

posted on 3/2/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
the weight of another 2 people in the car would prob add 160-200kg's to a car that may only weigh 400-600kgs in the first place (bike to light car engine), so that's a possible +50% in weight. That's bound to affect the handling and performance.

An interesting idea nonetheless, prob better off basing it on a +4 with v8 + torque. Wouldn't be the same weight differences proportionally then as it'd be heavier to start with and would have the grunt to pull it all along.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

timf

posted on 3/2/05 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dozracing
Tim,

I like what you've done there!
This was not supposed to be a commercial car, more something for some fun. It seems a good way of going for a test drive and having a journo from each magazine on board!

Kind regards,

Darren

what den tanner and peter philby in the same car at the same time, any one remember the punch up at one of the shows last year

dozracing

posted on 3/2/05 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andrew,

Take your point. But surely the result is still a car with a better power to weight ratio than a Ford Focus 2.0l, with lower centre of gravity etc. Ford Focus round Castle Coombe race school is one of the best afternoons of my life.

Like i said Filby and Tanner at it in the back of a 7 would be fun! And for the perverts out there, theres a fine line between love and hate you know, so your mucky minds might just be on to something. Latent homos the pair of them perhaps.

Still love to see the double decker, rendered in red please.

Kind regards,

Darren

undecided

posted on 3/2/05 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
There used to be a really trick small double decker bus that went round Wiicksteed Park in Kettering......about the size of a Mini i seem to remember

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.