Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Denso alternator again...sorry
Batman

posted on 30/3/05 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Denso alternator again...sorry

Hello all, sorry to bring this one up again but I've got about 90% of the way though my MK Indy build using advice that I've got from this site ( ta ) but i'm stuck with my alternator. It's a nippondenso job off the diahatsu shelf at my local breakers, it's got a stud terminal 'B' which is connected to battery, and 3 spade terminals marked F, N & E arranged in a Tee shape ( F & N being the 'legs of the Tee) I attached the blue wire from warning light to F and this lights up ok, but then stays on when engine is running, what does N & E need to be connected to ? or should I just get a newer (old) one with just 2 spades ? ( as previous threads ) thanks for any advice. Have tried probing the other contacts (ooeeer) and apart from buring my hand on the manifold not much happened..
Mix

posted on 31/3/05 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

F is the rotor or field connection
E is the earth
N is the central point

This info comes from the Hella catalogue.
I'm no auto electrician so can't advise exactly where to connect but I'm sure somebody else will chip in.

Mick

kaymar

posted on 31/3/05 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
SEE RE[PLY ON VINTAGE BUILDERS POST REGARDS MARTIN P/S IF YOU HAVE AN EARLY JAP ALTERNATOR THEY REQUIRE EXTERNAL REGULATORS AS THEY PUMP OUT 18/20V

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.