Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Couple of research Questions
ibriggsy

posted on 25/7/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Couple of research Questions

I was looking at the mk indy as a possible first build. I was just wondering, will i have most if not al of the bits i need with a donor sierra and the deluxe kit? Is it possible to get tonneau covers(or hard top) for them as it would be likely that i would use it as an everyday car if i decided to go ahead with it. also how big is the boot(i assume it has one)?
Cheers for your help
Ian

ps when is the next show as well because i would like to get to see all the various kits etc.?

zetec

posted on 26/7/05 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure about the parts bit...Give MK a call.
I've never seen a hard top MK, you could probably get a soft top made for around £4-500 custom made. The easy option is a tonneau which is about £200 from a trimmer, or make one £50. Driving one of these cars with a top on is a bit of a pain as getting in/out is not that easy and they feel a bit cramped....go topless far better!

The boot will hold a medium size soft sports bag.

andrews_45

posted on 26/7/05 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Contact Charlie at MK, I had similar questions last week. He invited me to come look round the factory, talked through all the different options available. Great starting point
block

posted on 26/7/05 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
i completed my first build about a year ago. this is an indy. I am very impressed with the car and MK, extremely helpful. As well as deluxe kit and sierra, you will need things like radiator, fan, fuel tank, lights,seats, belts, things that you can easily forget, but get one bought, great fun. a rear shelf incorporating a little hollow for storage is about £80. Pop down and see them, try it on a saturday morning, usually a few owners in thier cars. Good luck with your imminent build!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.