Going next week to Orlando
Anything I should know?

Steve

Stuart Ainslie

posted on 12/8/05 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Watch out for the alligators...
Danozeman

posted on 12/8/05 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Its a bloody nice place i want to go too!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

andkilde

posted on 12/8/05 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Ainslie
Watch out for the alligators...

And the hurricanes...

And, whatever you do, _DO_NOT_ sign up for a 40 minute seminar on timeshares in exchange for free tickets to an attraction...

You have been warned, enjoy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/8/05 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
There's a really cool restaurant I went to called Race Rock - the whole place is full of cars, bikes, memorabilia etc, and the people that clean the tables rush around everywhere and do everything really fast like pit crew. I went there when I was about 11 and still remember it like it was yesterday, I definitely recommend it!

LINK HERE

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Lightning

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Just printed that out and will add it to my to do list.

Going to swim with alligators and visit the dolphins , or is that the other way around?

Got tickets for Bush Gardens, Universal studios, Seaworld,Island Adventure and Wet'n'wild. Which are he best???

Steve

scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to Sea World, Universal and Wet n wild, and they're all very different and all brilliant, so I'd say go to them all

Pete

Dale

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote "Watch out for the alligators..."
Dont worry about the alligators -- my ex wife is down that way and she is far more dangerous than any reptile.

Depending on where in florida I am not sure where down there but he builds these
http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/stalkerv6/kitcar.html
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Ian Pearson

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hire your car from the UK as CDW is included in the price by law. If you hire in the States, the initial price looks cheap, but as insurance is not compulsory, it gets very expensive when you add it all up. You don't want to be under insured in the States. They like to sue at the drop of a hat. When you pick up the car, make sure they don't charge you for the CDW again. This happened to me a few years ago, and it took me the whole two week holiday to get the money back.

Have fun!

Alan B

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Pop in and say hi to me...........
shades

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Daytona is not all its cracked up to be...

Space center is worth a visit, along with epcot, and clearwater. what ever you do will have good time.

Alan B

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dale
.......Depending on where in florida I am not sure where down there but he builds these
http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/stalkerv6/kitcar.html
Dale

Dennis Brunton (of Stalker fame) is in Bradenton, about 30 mins south of Tampa....well worth a visit...the 275HP Super Stalker as absolutely f*****g awesome......tell him Alan sent ya..

omega 24 v6

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Have a good one mate. Swimming with flipper is amazing as are the female instructors. Driving is a piece of p**s as nearly everyone is on holiday and very forgiving. I only heard one horn peeping in 2 weeks of holiday. Make sure you see the late show at sea world (Shamu rocks the world) set to rock music and amazing (hairs on my neck are standing up now). Best of luck.
scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
One tip when you're driving - keep your left foot well out of the way. My dad kept slamming the brakes on because he thought he was putting the clutch down We nearly got creamed by a huge truck!

Pete

[Edited on 12/8/05 by scoobyis2cool]

omega 24 v6

posted on 12/8/05 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yip about the clutch and do'nt whatever you do be a divvy like me.
After a quick demo from the care hire guy i asked where the hand brake was. I got the reply " this is florida buddy we don't got hills here boy "
But he showed me anyway

VinceGledhill

posted on 12/8/05 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Do visit all the Disney parks. They are all "awe inspiring"

Also. Go to Wallaby Ranch. Just off the 195. http://www.wallaby.com for the ride of your life.

A truly life changing experience tandem hang gliding.

Got me hooked.

Regards
Vince Gledhill
Time Served Auto Electrician
Lucas Leeds 1979-1983

subk2002

posted on 12/8/05 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
There is a place called "old town" on the 192. The last time i was over they had a car show on a saturday night it was well cool.
DITO about the car hire!!

Wish it was me

Have a good one

alfasudsprint

posted on 12/8/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Wet n Wild....the stuka if its still there, awesome! remember meeting guys walking down too scared to do it!!!
Have a great time! Lucky sob.

planetester

posted on 12/8/05 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Buy something while your there, the prices are in dollars what we pay in pounds, I'm into radio contrilled model aircraft & brought a huge box back on the flight with no problems & saved a fortune.
the best theme park has to be Busch Gardens if your into roller coasters & fantasy of flight if you are into aircraft

have a good time

scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/8/05 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to Old Town too, there was a cool magic shop that I visited every time and made the guy show me loads of tricks without ever buying anything...

Pete

the JoKeR

posted on 13/8/05 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like everybody forgot the obvious: it's HOT in Florida right now. Take (or buy when you get here) extra sun-screen. Don't get sunburned on day 1 of your vacation.

Regarding your rental car - I haven't seen any manual transmission rentals for a while. They may exist, but most will be automatic. Oh yeah, we drive on the RIGHT side of the road!

Jeff
http://www.midwestwelding.com
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/

JoelP

posted on 13/8/05 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
just remember, left is right, right is wrong

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ReMan

posted on 13/8/05 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Just got back from 2 weeks in Florida first trip. You've already got your 5 park flexticket thats a good move excellent value if you got it on line.
We stayed in Orlando, Tampa, Clearwater, Naples, Key Largo, Key West, Fort Lauderdale and Back to Orlando.
We were pretty busy so did'nt bother with Universal Islands of Adv. but went to Disney Magic Kingdom instead- just so we had.
As said Seaworld brilliant, Wet and wild good nice for the first day. Race Rock cafe is good. Dont go to a "cheap tickets" kiosk, You can turn right on a Red Light unless signed otherwise. You MUST get a good map and have a navigator as the signs are CRAP with little or no advance warning for many junctions. Get a hat! Dont forget your driving licence. Rhino rally in Busche gardens is great fun, worth the queue, but don't pay for any other safari trips in the park, you can see it all by train/cable car. Food isnt that cheap in restaurants, as a rough guide the $price for the mains is what you'll pay in £s by the time drinks, tips and tax have been added. Don't let them force you into a car upgrade when you land, it will look like a hire car whatever you get, everyone drives 4x4 pickups! Make sure and do plenty of undertaking as well as overtaking, you'll get back and wish we did it here, except half the drivers in the UK are'nt observant enough to cope with it. Make sure you know where the nearest hurricane shelter is. Tip everone!Don't spend too much time looking for cheap jeans :-) It will most probably storm in the afternoon, do as much as you can in the morning. Take LOTS of pictures. Don't fly BA? Enjoy-you'll want to go back.
Colin

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

woodster

posted on 13/8/05 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Make sure you take good foot wear in the parks you will walk for miles............ have a really good time i'm sure you will
tony9876

posted on 13/8/05 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
I have been twice a year for the last 6 years and absolutely love it mate. No matter what you like theres something for everyone. I fyou are going to buy any electronics watch out for the little electronics shop you have to really haggle to get a good deal. I got a gps for about £70 last time and the cheapest they are in this country is £140.
If you want to fire a machine gun there are a few ranges about as well,there is one by the state prison which lets you fire an M16 and all sorts of other guns for about $30.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.