Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MEV COUPE STYLING
stig mills

posted on 11/2/07 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
MEV COUPE STYLING

Hi Guy's, first Rocket now complete and then stripped for jig making, blinkin cold in the snow driving it ! I've started body moulds and now looking to offer a full bodied version. I would be delighted to here from anyone with opinions as to where you think we should be in terms of styling for a roadster and coupe versions based on the same chassis. Which kit car? mag following development of Rocket out now. Next month they detail suspension design and steering geometry. Third part will cover brakes, rear suspension and pattern making for GRP moulds.
We are a small firm and welcome interested visitors. Rocket kits will be available for delivery by the end of April, full bodied versions will be offered to those who have already ordered as retro fit. I'm making a pattern for a windscreen frame at the moment that will fit the same curve as the fly screen for those who get tired of pulling fly's from their teeth. Please get in touch if you have suggestions or come and see us at Stoneleigh. Kind regards Stuart Mills

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oliwb

posted on 11/2/07 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Got any pics? Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 11/2/07 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Glad to see you got the account sorted out.

Oli: I posted some pics, they are in my photo archive.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

FUORISERIE

posted on 12/2/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stig mills
. I would be delighted to here from anyone with opinions as to where you think we should be in terms of styling for a roadster and coupe versions based on the same chassis.
We are a small firm and welcome interested visitors. Rocket kits will be available for delivery by the end of April, full bodied versions will be offered to those who have already ordered as retro fit. I'm making a pattern for a windscreen frame at the moment that will fit the same curve as the fly screen for those who get tired of pulling fly's from their teeth. Please get in touch if you have suggestions or come and see us at Stoneleigh. Kind regards Stuart Mills

You have a very interesting chassis and i like your concept idea .
The idea of offering a roadster and coupe on the same chassis is a good one , styling wise, it all depends if you like a modern shape or retro?, with doors or without? and the niche kit car market you intend to fill?.

You're are going to have a similar car to the Sylva R1ot, in concept when finished, but more extreme.

Good luck with your new project

Cheers
Italo

[Edited on 12/2/07 by FUORISERIE]

ned

posted on 12/2/07 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I expect quite a few people will pop along to have a look at stoneleigh, I shall be one of them..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

stig mills

posted on 13/2/07 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
MEV COUPE STYLING

It's going to have to be modern I feel, probably no doors on the roadster and possibly a sliding roof on the coupe version for access, otherwise the high sides of the chassis would have to be altered. We passed the chassis prototype to our structural engineers and they measured almost 5000 ft lbs per degree of deflection which is excellent and there fore I don't realy want to change the chassis spec. Any sketch ideas would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Stuart
iank

posted on 13/2/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm more into the exo-skeleton style and am well known for having little taste

For a coupe you could do worse than talk to "gaz 1977"
He seems to have some good ideas.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=59404

For a roadster I prefer the rounded lines of a Ginetta G4 or a Phoenix.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

FUORISERIE

posted on 14/2/07 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stig mills
It's going to have to be modern I feel, probably no doors on the roadster and possibly a sliding roof on the coupe version for access, otherwise the high sides of the chassis would have to be altered. We passed the chassis prototype to our structural engineers and they measured almost 5000 ft lbs per degree of deflection which is excellent and there fore I don't realy want to change the chassis spec. Any sketch ideas would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Stuart

Could you post a few chassis pictures, maybe front and rear 3/4 views, a side view, so that we get a better idea of what to sketch!

If you post the images, i'll sketch a few roughs for you....

FUORISERIE

posted on 15/2/07 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
I will be posting the chassis pictures for Stig, I hope they are not too big to post.....

[Edited on 15/2/07 by FUORISERIE]

akrallysport

posted on 16/2/07 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I would stongly suggest having the main roll hoop drown down to the lower chassis tubes... not neccesarily for stiffness, but for safety. You could probably get away a smaller tube, but it's better than a the vast nothingness that exists at the moment.

stig mills

posted on 16/2/07 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
No worries, the drawings are only for dimesional purposes so those with body ideas may use them. The bracing struts etc are not shown. Chassis designed and tested by structural engineering company.
It is very strong indeed and has a torsional rigidity of almost 5000ft lbs per degree. Regards Stig Mills

FUORISERIE

posted on 19/2/07 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
First rough 15 min. sketch based on the rocket chassis.
I covered some of the chassis with a fiberglass nose, and rear engine cover with air intakes.

The sides are polycarbonate just like the windscreen.

What do you guys think?

[Edited on 19/2/07 by FUORISERIE] Rescued attachment img782.jpg
Rescued attachment img782.jpg

FUORISERIE

posted on 19/2/07 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Wanted to add that you can now replace the side polycarbonate sheets, with any colour .

Makrolon manufactures any colour polycarbonate, so if you scratch the old, you can replace with a new and different colour.

3GEComponents

posted on 19/2/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FUORISERIE
First rough 15 min. sketch based on the rocket chassis.
I covered some of the chassis with a fiberglass nose, and rear engine cover with air intakes.

The sides are polycarbonate just like the windscreen.

What do you guys think?

[Edited on 19/2/07 by FUORISERIE]

Another fantastic design, that's a real tallent you've got there FUORISERIE.

u401768

posted on 19/2/07 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
That has to be one off the coolest cars i've ever seen
FUORISERIE

posted on 19/2/07 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for the comments

one more ..

FUORISERIE

posted on 19/2/07 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by u401768
That has to be one off the coolest cars i've ever seen

Thank you, let's hope we can see something like it, on the road soon...

u401768

posted on 19/2/07 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
FUORISERIE – slightly off topic, a while ago, on your website, you had a equally cool variation on a 7 which was also very very cool. What happened to that? Do you keep an archive at all?
FUORISERIE

posted on 19/2/07 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
FUORISERIE – slightly off topic, a while ago, on your website, you had a equally cool variation on a 7 which was also very very cool. What happened to that? Do you keep an archive at all?

I do keep an archive, and quite a few did show interest.....waiting for confirmation.

[Edited on 19/2/07 by FUORISERIE]

FUORISERIE

posted on 19/2/07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm trying to come up with another shape on the same chassis, any suggestions? a step-in Coupe? other ideas?.

need your feedback guys...

stig mills

posted on 19/2/07 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
OOH! Looking good. We will need to ensure dip beams are within 400mm from edge of foot print. Main beam has no position requirement. I'm of the opinion that the alternative to the standard Rocket should be a full bodied version possibly with enclosed wheels for improved aerodynamics, it could be feasable then to add a roof, maybe a targa top or slide back like I'm trying with my R3. Current Rocket options include full screen that fits the same curve as the fly screen. The pattern (buck) for this is now being laminated so I will be able to post pics in 2 weeks. Please keep your comments rolling in, kind regards Stig Mills
u401768

posted on 20/2/07 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
How about something roadable, but will produce downforce - ie in the vain of the lotus 340 but more so? And with a bit off style too, unlike the lotus
FUORISERIE

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
A 10 min. rough sketch inspired by the Lotus 340r and the Brooke R...I modified the rollbar with two hoops.

u401768

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Now that is very cool - i wish i could produce something 10% as good in 10 hours!!!
FUORISERIE

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Now that is very cool - i wish i could produce something 10% as good in 10 hours!!!

Thanks.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.