Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Master Cylinder
DaveFJ

posted on 17/7/03 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Master Cylinder

I have been told..... that I may have the wrong master cylinder for my prospective Avon build. It is from an '87 sierra 2.0l Ghia. Apparently there are 2 different sizes.

Can anyone confirm this and let me know how to check if I have the right one ?

And while I've got your attention..... This section has become very quiet lately. Is everyone that disheartened that they don't want to talk about thier Tigers anymore ?

[Edited on 17/7/03 by protofj]

[Edited on 17/7/03 by protofj]

Fatboy Dave

posted on 17/7/03 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Never had cause to look at Sierra cylinders too closely, but from previous dealings with friends who have built Cat E1s, there are Bendix and Girling cylinders. Only way I ever bothered to differentiate is that Bendix need and 8mm socket anf Girling need a 10mm socket to remove when power stripping donors

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

soggy

posted on 17/7/03 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
i know what u mean i noticed its been a little quiet, maybe everyones on holiday.
tractorboy

posted on 23/7/03 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
the difference between the master cylinders that is of concern, is the distance between the centres of the attaching bolts. the master cylinder you need is the one with a pitch of 92mm.this means it will bolt onto the peddle box.i hope this info will help.
greggors84

posted on 12/8/03 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
If the car has ABS i was told the master cylinder wont work if you dont want to use the ABS on your car. Thats why i am now looking for a new master cylinder.

Chris

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.