Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Prediction F1 will break away from the FIA
britishtrident

posted on 13/9/07 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Prediction F1 will break away from the FIA

Prediction F1 will break away from the FIA, just watch Bernie -- he has loads of circuit owners who would que up to hold the races.

[Edited on 13/9/07 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

caber

posted on 13/9/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I can't see any F1 team surviving that fine and the lack of funds from no constructors points next season. TV fees are based on constructors point IIRC.

With no McLaren team it will be another several years of Ferrari led processions, key issue is what race series the TV will take, they like dealing through bernie as it is an easy ride!

Caber

speedyxjs

posted on 13/9/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Im sure they will find a way through. Its not in the interest of the sport to basically 'get rid' of mclaren because that is what they are going to do if they just ignore their appeal

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

britishtrident

posted on 13/9/07 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari are also muttering about Renault -- for too long Ferrari have had it thier own way. In the days of Colin Chapman Lotus was thier prime target - remember the Lotus 88 never allowed to race inspite of the fact the concept had been passed as meeting the regulation by an FIA while it was still on the drawing board.
http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/473
In "Motor Sport" last month Doug Nye penned an interesting article on the history of spying in GP racing

[Edited on 13/9/07 by britishtrident]

[/I]

theconrodkid

posted on 13/9/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
F1 has long ago ceased to be a sport,its just a business now,i think they should throw the rule book away and start again.
remove all those stupid little wings and just allow 1 front and 1 rear,bring back slicks,manual gearboxes and clutches,no electronic gizmo,s and just 1 winebago as a motorhome per team

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

russbost

posted on 13/9/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
& ballast for the first 6 finishers!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Hellfire

posted on 13/9/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Whatever the sport if there is money involved there is corruption. F1 is no different to any other sport there are whistle blowers and bungs/takers.

Golf - no drugs testing.
Footall - bungs/no show for drugs tests.
F1 Ferrari - illegal body parts 2004?

The list goes on and on... all sports are businesses in one way or another.

Steve

omega 24 v6

posted on 13/9/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Ferrari are also muttering about Renault

I don't think there would be the same outcome on the renault front. It'd go along the lines of Ferrari say this that and the other behind closed doors and the Flav finds out and on TV we get to see him rip Jean Todts head of in the pit lane live
He's a to the point guy, but not a Gent like Ron

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Russ-Turner

posted on 13/9/07 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
F1 Ferrari - illegal body parts 2004?

Steve

Eh?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 13/9/07 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari are Italian what do you expect? No different than their football players spending more time lying down shouting for the ref than playing football.
The little yellow men did the same to Norton when the Wankle engined bike spanked all their bikes on the track.
It's all about the money.
If they get beaten on the track, they lose sales. So someone gets a bung and you are miraculously in breach of the rules.
How? Because they changed them last night.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

AndyH

posted on 14/9/07 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Ever since Ferrari lost Schuey its become hard work, it doesn't help when the team principle is a mardar*e like Todt.
When Ferrari don't win its moan and dirty guts time to the poison dwarf, thats not to say Mad Max is any better.
Its no wonder the Poison Dwarf is selling some of his car collection, he needs to make way for his collection of Ferrari's.
Thank the lord Alonso and Hamilton are behaving like proper drivers, not puppets!!
The Brits are best motorsport. Always will be, always have been.
Italians, pah.

Feel better now!!!!!!

britishtrident

posted on 14/9/07 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
What has amazed me is the degree to which Ferrari tifosi have vanish from the circuits since Ferrari stopped winning. On holiday on Lake Garda very close to Ferraris home turf this year the shops and market stalls had practically no Ferrari merchandise apart from a few bits of old stock from the Schuey era.

The same isn't true of fans of other teams and drivers, for example DC might not be anywhere near he front but the crowds allways have a light smattering of saltire crosses.

[/I]

u401768

posted on 14/9/07 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Ferrari are also muttering about Renault -- for too long Ferrari have had it thier own way. In the days of Colin Chapman Lotus was thier prime target - remember the Lotus 88 never allowed to race inspite of the fact the concept had been passed as meeting the regulation by an FIA while it was still on the drawing board.
http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/473
In "Motor Sport" last month Doug Nye penned an interesting article on the history of spying in GP racing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to keep things accurate - It was McLaren approaching the FIA about Renault:-

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40629

At the end of the day they are all as bad as each other

ie third brake pedals (McLaren) flexi body parts (Ferrari, BMW, McLaren, Toyota), extra fuel tanks (Honda), and the list goes on.

Going back further - BMW turbo that over pressured the 4 bar release valve, Tag Mclaren running the valve just behind a venturi throat in the low pressure zone.

The worst culprit - Braham when run by a Mr. B Ecolstone who's cars had heavy body to replace the broken bits from quoli, water cooled brakes that ran out of water on the out lap, empty fire extinguishes - and my fav of all, went out first in quoli at Monaco GP, put in a time, then went out again after with there oil tanks 'a bit too full' and left a nice trail all the way round the circuit.

The list would go on and on and on….

QED – they are as bad as each other and all cheat. The only difference is McLaren have been caught with there hand in the cookie jar.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 14/9/07 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caber
I can't see any F1 team surviving that fine and the lack of funds from no constructors points next season.

They have lost this season's constructor points (and therefore revenue), not next year. They only way they will lose next year as well is if an inspection of the 2008 car in December deems that the car has Ferrari IP on it.

Also, the $100m fine includes this lost revenue (which is around $50m), so the actual amount they'll have to dig out of the bank will be more like $50m in total, not $100m fine plus lost earnings.

iank

posted on 14/9/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
...plus whatever they lose in sponsorship. I'd want discount if I were a sponsor due to their damaged image.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Dangle_kt

posted on 14/9/07 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
...plus whatever they lose in sponsorship. I'd want discount if I were a sponsor due to their damaged image.

Damaged? I hate f1 - its marginly more interesting than reading the yellow pages, but this is the most exciting thing that has happened in F1 for about 10 years.

Its getting more people looking at them, more people who don't normally look. I'd say I'd want more money from my sponsors - considering they will have the first black world champion next session.

NS Dev

posted on 14/9/07 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
its all a load of boring political shite as far as I'm concerned.

Its the "top level" of motorsport and these days it just attracts a bunch of hooray henry wannabees as far as I can see.

most (not all though!) of the people I have met who "support" F1 racing wouldn't know one end of the car from the other.

We need more grass roots motorsport coverage, and get rallycross back on mainstream tv, its actaully fun to watch

F1 is a boring debate over who will do what in the pits and an argument over wallet size as far as I can see.

Ballcocks to the lot of em as far as I am concerned.

Far too much money is plundered at the top in the UK and not enough elsewhere. Look at the states, yes the top level is where the money is but you can actually WIN REAL MONEY at the club level

Now there's a thing!!!

I was with the GT's and caterhams at darlington last weekend, spannering as ever, and I was really taken with the Morgan team!! They are doing so much with so little budget compared to most of the others, and the car is simple, looks great, is relatively!!! cheap and it looks like the driver enjoys racing the damn thing, which is more than most of the young hoity toity upstarts seemed to do in the F3 race

sorry, rant over, but we are seriously missing the point in this country, racing is about people going out and enjoying beating each other on the track, not about filling the pockets of tossers.

[Edited on 14/9/07 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

NS Dev

posted on 14/9/07 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
PS some of the above was due to my shock at hearing some of what the top teams mechanics were like in the pits at the gt racing.

Jeez some of them really don't have a clue, its shocking!! They all wear the right coats and hats, but from some of the conversation I overheard, their car knowledge is distrubingly slight

anyhoo, rant over again!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.