Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So where are Luego based now?
mr henderson

posted on 21/10/07 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
So where are Luego based now?

I understood that they were moving to Scotland, but their advert at the top of the links page on this very forum has them still in Pereborough
I checked their website but they are being very coy about their location, just a mobile phone number and nothing on the contact us page except email?

Not very confidence inspiring

Simon

posted on 21/10/07 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Can't answer your question, but do agree that it's not the most confidence inspiring way to run a business. Next thing you know, it operates out of a van

I've not used the current "Team", but would have recommended the previous to anyone (in fact I did about a week before they closed!).

ATB

Simon

repper

posted on 21/10/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
ive have used luego sinc it was taken over by (ben)
from what i under stand is that the frem is based in scotland but his bro ownes a engenering ferm in hull and that is wear the kits and most off the parts are made
he seems to be a nice and help full bloke
ive asked about a open day as i all so like to put a place to weer iam sending my cash but he says he is consatrating on geting the biz back a flot
may be next year ??

[Edited on 21/10/07 by repper]

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/10/07 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by repper
ive have used luego sinc it was taken over by (ben)
from what i under stand is that the frem is based in scotland but his bro ownes a engenering ferm in hull and that is wear the kits and most off the parts are made
he seems to be a nice and help full bloke
ive asked about a open day as i all so like to put a place to weer iam sending my cash but he says he is consatrating on geting the biz back a flot
may be next year ??

[Edited on 21/10/07 by repper]

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3

mark-wiring

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Or maybe the guy is dyslexic like me (took me 5 min to find the correct spelling of that lol)

http://www.v10viento.co.uk
Have to recommend
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/
For all Megasquirt needs

mr henderson

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
So, 5 replies and 200-odd views and still we don't know where they are based. Why are they so shy about their location?

Interesting. And suspicious?

wilkingj

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Dyslexia Rules..... KO!!

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
D Beddows

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed, my Mrs is dyslexic as well and sometimes her texts look like that - she's not pissed or stupid or in need of a patronising link to a spell checker either, her brain just works in a slightly different way .... both mangogrooveworkshp and darrens posts are bang out of order tbh
darrens

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
wo hang on a second, I was in no way making fun of people that suffer from dyslexia. Not my intention at ALL. I have removed that post and apologise. But taken in completely the wrong context.
Confused but excited.

posted on 21/10/07 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3

While you are in the mood to surf:

http://www.sideroad.com/Etiquette/good-manners.html

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

rusty nuts

posted on 21/10/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC Luego , now owned by Ben Lord is based in Aberdeen but production is based at his brothers place in Hull .
saigonij

posted on 21/10/07 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
im badly dyslexic - no offence taken.
Dave Bailey

posted on 21/10/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I can't count, spell or type and proad of it! It comes in really handy when you have to explain to the wife how much I just spent on buying bits!

Back to Luego though.....If you were building the business back up surely wouldn't you want as much trade as you could get or at least tell everyobe your going strong or re-building? It is a bit strange.... I hope it lives cause it would be a shame for me to finally finish my car then have no manufacturer about!

Dave B.

Johnmor

posted on 21/10/07 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Luego

Luego are now based in an industrial unit in a town called Kintore, about 10 miles north of Aberdeen.

I dropped in past a couple of weeks a go and met Ben.
Seems like a nice Guy and he had a couple of Velocitys on the go , One he was building for a customer another almost complete with a bike engine.

Ironically it was the day I took my Viento off the road for the winter and the sun has not stopped shining since. Typical

So Luego is definitely not dead.

omega 24 v6

posted on 21/10/07 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Where in kintore John?? I might have a look one day.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Neil P

posted on 21/10/07 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Luego are now based in an industrial unit in a town called Kintore, about 10 miles north of Aberdeen.

I dropped in past a couple of weeks a go and met Ben.
Seems like a nice Guy and he had a couple of Velocitys on the go , One he was building for a customer another almost complete with a bike engine.

Ironically it was the day I took my Viento off the road for the winter and the sun has not stopped shining since. Typical

So Luego is definitely not dead.

And also in Hull it would appear!

I was talking to Joe Lord just a few weeks ago, standing outside his workshop complete with Luego banner on Thomas St in Hull. He was working on various chassis including a car which looked suspiciously like the Viper engined one in Mark-wiring's avatar.

Maybe they are running two bases.

(etiquette checker used in the production of this post)

Neil

saigonij

posted on 22/10/07 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
dont think it was the same one as mark and big johns.
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 22/10/07 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Im dyslexic and use the computer to sort out the muddles from the puddles.

Paradoxia0

posted on 22/10/07 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I'm dyslexic too, and so is another guy that works with me. We both take the p**s out of each other all the time for it! I think it is hard to upset a dyslexic, after all

quote:
Dyslexia is not related to low intelligence. Dyslexia is a unique mind set that is often gifted and productive, but learns differently than other minds. In fact some of the most brilliant minds of our time have been known to have dyslexia.

Say no more! (and Duck! )

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

mr henderson

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
I suppose the difference is that some dyslexics know that they are dyslexic and take steps to ensure that their written communications are as clear as possible, whereas others do not.
wilkingj

posted on 23/10/07 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Please remember that on the Locostbuilder site, there is a huge amout of joviality and camaraderie. Sometimes its a bit too close to the line.

I am sure that everyone is taking it in good nature.
Almost everyone takes it as a bit of fun. Certainly (i'm sure) its true to say that none of it is meant with malice.

read it, dismiss it, and try to smile about it.

I'm a Bat Fastard... (20.5 Stones of it), I'm not happy about it, but I dont take it to heart, when people on here take the p*ss.
I mean... I couldnt get into a Locost, so I had to build a Viento instead

Life's too short...

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
D Beddows

posted on 23/10/07 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
To be honest my 'ticking off' came over looking a bit harsher than I intended

I've met quite a few people through Mrs Beddows with dyslexia though who basically haven't got anywhere in life because people have told them (or just assumed) they were thick because they aren't very good at reading and writing through no fault of their own. If people tell someone they're stupid often enough they tend to start believing it themselves........ and it's a bit of a waste of a life sometimes......and none of this probably applies to any of the posts in this thread which I believe should be about where Luego live now......

Thats all

omega 24 v6

posted on 23/10/07 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
My son struggled at school for years with a problem. After much harassind and chasing of the authorities (w**kers) we were told he needed to be a certain age before they could diagnose him (bulls**t). A teacher we know through the racing FINALLY picked up on his shortcomings and he was diagnosed as slightly dislexic. It appears from my keyboard skills that at times I type like a dislexic writes???? and here was me thinking I was perfect. Any way what a change in my sons attitude and confidence once he realized that it wasn't his fault and that he wasn't stupid at all (we knew that ).
Jackie Stewart and Richard Branson both suffer (strange word for it) from dislexia and they got on just fine. At the end of the day as long as you can make yourself undertood where's the problem?? Look at how the kids text thesedays and soon the whole world will be doing communications like this IMHO.

[Edited on 24-10-07 by Fozzie]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

neilj37

posted on 23/10/07 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6

Just up the road from me. If you want details i'll U2U you rather than post directions on an open forum, in case theres any dodgy people reading

mr henderson

posted on 23/10/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neilj37
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6

Just up the road from me. If you want details i'll U2U you rather than post directions on an open forum, in case theres any dodgy people reading

Dodgy people? Are you serious?
The plot thickens, and Luego's address remains a well kept mystery.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.