Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra rear hub flange to bearing carrier - stuck?
Hadders

posted on 29/8/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra rear hub flange to bearing carrier - stuck?

Just got some bits from Ebay and the flange won't simply fall out of the wheel bearings/housing. Sounds like it is held in by something. Is this right? Surely its just a push fit? Still covered in grease so can't tell if there is a circlip etc. Don't want to use a persuader on it and nadger it!
eznfrank

posted on 29/8/08 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Does it spin or have much play in it?? There's no circlip they just take a bit of a pull to get em out but try something which will pull straight like a slider or hub puller if you have one?
Hadders

posted on 29/8/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. Hubs spin freely but when you pull the flange it moves 1/2" then stops. Looking at it again, it's the bearing which is moving then stopping, so i guess the shaft is stuck to it. Maybe a tap with a drift will free it.
StevieB

posted on 29/8/08 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar issue when dismantling mine - a big hammer and a block of wood to soften the blow did the job for me.
Paul TigerB6

posted on 29/8/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm glad to hear the flange isnt falling out!! They should be a pretty tight fit in the bearing and then all held together by the driveshafts / nuts. They are going to need some persuation to come out.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.