Board logo

So who else drove into work?
deezee - 1/5/13 at 07:46 AM

It was a bit chilly at speed down the country lanes, so I'm very pleased I dressed warm. Got some thumbs up from people at a bus stop, oncoming drivers flash and wave. Its all lots of fun. So who else is making the most of the weather?

kj - 1/5/13 at 07:58 AM

Would have loved to but not very safe to park it at work on the main road with HGVs going up and down, but will be out tonight when i get in from work weather permitting.
Hope the weather is ok for the weekend.

twybrow - 1/5/13 at 08:02 AM

I have my first MOT tomorrow, so I will be driving it (via work) to the MOT station tomorrow if I manage to put it all back together again tonight...! I can't wait!

EX01 - 1/5/13 at 08:41 AM

It’s 80 miles each way, your darn right I drove ;-) lol Sorry if off topic.

Proby - 1/5/13 at 09:05 AM

I think I might just tax mine today! Got a few little jobs before I can take it out, but should be done by weekend!

RickRick - 1/5/13 at 10:07 AM

2nd time this week and a couple of times over the few weeks before, i always seem to end up going the long way too!

theduck - 1/5/13 at 11:05 AM

Wish mine was on the road so I could have. Though doubt work would approve of me using it for appointments.

HowardB - 1/5/13 at 11:17 AM

had an engine start on Tuesday night,. so hope to get an MOT soon, or sooner,... then drive it everywhere will be the mantra!

andy188 - 1/5/13 at 11:34 AM

yeh, was great too have her out again, b---ddy cold at 6.0am, will enjoy the ride home though, looking forward too the weekend, hope to go up too stoneleigh in her for the first time, ( been off the road for 18 mths) meet up with you all.

Andy

Ben_Copeland - 1/5/13 at 11:37 AM

MOT's on Saturday. I'm away in Dorset atm

Stott - 1/5/13 at 12:49 PM

I did yesterday, tested the weather gear ready for Stoneleigh

-matt - 1/6/13 at 08:43 AM

I've driven mine 3000 miles through the winter certainly saves all this defrosting windows!

Even drove it in the snow, and got a mention on radio driving down the M4 in snow

kj - 1/6/13 at 08:58 AM

Hats off to you driving in that weather, i got some strange looks last week when dropping mine off to get the carbs sorted and it was just starting to rain.
Lots of thumbs up and even form a Lotus driver, just want to get it back now but looking at the weather i would not get much use from it

lewis - 1/6/13 at 09:14 AM

Drive into work this morning in it was great :-)

zilspeed - 1/6/13 at 11:41 AM

I can't really contribute to threads like this.

An MGF is no more complicated than pop the roof down and go with the heater turned up a couple if clicks if required.

I almost prefer it at night.

Zing, there's the red line :-)

Chazzy - 5/6/13 at 10:10 PM

Last 3 days, only problem is earlier start to miss traffic, later leave to miss traffic. Certainly some interesting looks driving through Handsworth, needless to say the laptop doesnt sit on the passenger seat or footwell.

Keep seeing a red westie (?) going the other way- big smiles both ways.

daveb83 - 6/6/13 at 06:24 AM

ive driven to work this morning in the kit, thought it would be rude not to after the past few days weve had and today supposed to be the best of the lot, this might be all we get as a summer!!!

cerbera - 6/6/13 at 07:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daveb83
ive driven to work this morning in the kit, thought it would be rude not to after the past few days weve had and today supposed to be the best of the lot, this might be all we get as a summer!!!

Nice one. I'll keep an eye out for it during my lunchtime walk

daveb83 - 6/6/13 at 07:24 AM

It's over south side, parked up outside 358

daveb83 - 6/6/13 at 07:25 AM

It's over south side, parked up outside 358

Ben_Copeland - 26/6/13 at 06:41 AM

Drove into work this morning... Bit chilly. 60 miles and it made it ok Good job i filled it up, recon i'd only get about 90 miles out of my tank

daveb83 - 26/6/13 at 11:37 AM

90 miles is bloody good going by my count, i get about 60... i was thinking i had a leak or something but cant find anything anywhere to suggest that im losing fuel so it must all be going through the engine